Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Asset Managers require extensive experience with gathering detailed hardware and software inventory information to develop and maintain an effective asset management program. This position supports activities to manage IT assets in classified and unclassified domains, navigate procedural and policy boundaries to conduct on-site inventory of assets across the enterprise, identify and remove obstacles to the completion of asset inventories, follow established procedures for the decommissioning of IT assets, and manage supplies. Asset Managers must possess excellent interpersonal, business management and customer service skills.
Typical duties include:
- Joining financial, contractual, and inventory functions in support of new material purchases and capital equipment replacement
- Working directly with the Government to maintain a seamless transition from the creation of purchase orders, to the delivery of assets, to the disposal of end of life items
- Maintaining the accuracy of Configuration Items (CIs) in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Developing and maintaining processes for managing and tracking the full IT asset, license, and maintenance life cycle, from procurement to retirement
- Defining, maintaining, and updating policies and procedures for effective management of the IT asset life cycle (e.g., acquisition, deployment, utilization, de-installation, reallocation, and disposal)
- Tracking and maintaining an accurate inventory of assets throughout their life cycle
- Auditing, validating, and reconciling software licenses against the installed asset base
- Providing subject matter expertise for personal computer (PC), network, and server licensing
- Planning for the population of the asset database
- Managing the asset database
- Ensuring regular housekeeping of the asset database
- Working closely with the Government to ensure policy compliance and asset maintenance
- Identifying opportunities to fully utilize unused or partially used IT hardware and software assets
- Defining metrics, collecting data, and reporting on the effectiveness of IT asset management processes
- Ensuring that the CMDB and asset database are highly accurate
- Researching licensing models, product use rights, as well as licensing metrics and entitlements for vendor-published desktop software assets
Clearance Requirements: Secret
- Associate of Arts Degree. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- ITIL Foundations or higher
- Five years of experience in an IT and asset management role.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Enterprise Licensing is highly valued.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
#SITEC #I2S #MOIP Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
- a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
: United States-North Carolina-Camp Lejeune-20315-ECLJ
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Jul 21, 2020, 1:11:15 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
33 Holcomb Blvd
Camp Lejeune 28547
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities