Jacobs is seeking a Logistician in Reston, VA. Duties will include:
- Perform daily logistics activities include shipping, receiving, shelving and making daily deliveries
- Recording serial number as applicable. This position works within the Inventory Management occupational specialty with officers generally located in in the Washington Metropolitan Area. Incumbents at this level work under direct supervision by a first line contractor supervisor and at this level has no supervisory authority.
- Reports to a first-line contractor supervisor and depending on the incumbent’s level, requires immediate to direct supervision.
- Responsible for assisting in documenting, logging, issuance, inventory and adjustment of Customer accountable property and customer identified controlled property
- Provide property control and inventory management services to customers in the Washington DC metropolitan area
- Other duties as assigned
- Label boxes, shelve and scan in warehouse, make daily deliveries to customer locations in the WMA.
- Assists in maintaining inventories of goods and materials.
- Processes routine inventory requests by validating receipt of goods and materials against requirements.
- Assists in the property inventory process; helps reconcile property discrepancies; and assists in the retrieval of information from various databases to accurately track and inventory items.
- Assists in maintaining table of vehicular allowances and vehicle tracking databases.
- Maintain and submit both mileage and driver logs daily/weekly/monthly
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Requires a minimum of three full years of experience specific to the skill and must be reflected
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Word, SharePoint)
- Ability to become familiar with Customer and Logistics regulations, policies, and unique authorities
- Some Basic knowledge of Logistics procedures and policies specific to the area of assignment
- Some Basic knowledge of various Logistics databases and applications
- Basic knowledge of how to read and interpret routine financial statements
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver responses to customers’ routine questions in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to develop an internal network of professional working relationships within the work unit and with service partners’ counterparts in other Offices
- Ability to interact with customers effectively in resolving routine problems
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities
- Ability to use good judgment and personal initiative in recognizing appropriate action to be taken for completion of tasks
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of service delivery
- Ability to interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds
Essential Job Functions
General Office/warehouse environment: The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Depending on assignment, work is primarily performed in an office environment and may including conditions vary from an office environment where work is primarily sedentary to environments where extensive standing and/or walking; bending; lifting light to heavy objects or being exposed to noise, dust, dirt, etc. is expected.
Equipment and Machines:
General Warehouse equipment ( i.e. Forklift, Pallet Jack , etc.). Word, Excel, Handheld Scanner, Access, Internet, various internal databases to request and track data.
Must be able to maintain regular, reliable attendance and ensure on time daily arrival. Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: Jul 21, 2020, 12:14:34 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Logistics Operations