DescriptionYou will work directly with a high speed development team to get their applications updated and deployed on a daily basis. The team needs a full time SA that can not only maintain the OS but also assist with troubleshooting resource requirements and utilization on multiple platforms. The application run on anything from high end bare metal servers to Cloud to small form factor computing devices.
• Configures and manages Linux and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems
• Deploy and maintaqin services on multiple domains involving Ansible, Linux OpenStack, bare metal, ESX, AWS.
• Assist with the operation of the systems and the customer data flows
• Work closely with the development and network teams
• Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• Experience in Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, macOS, Android, iOS)
• Experience in NiFi
• Experience with maintaining all security controls required
• Experience with Linux Scripting/DevSecOps
• Experience with virtual stacks such as ESX, Amazon Web Service (AWS), Azure or OpenStack/OpenShift
Desired Requirements (nice to have but not required):Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
• Small form factor computing devices ie phone, raspberry PI
Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI/POLY
This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include, but are not limited to:
U.S. Citizenship (Required)
Favorable Criminal History Check
Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
• Experience with the analysis/assessment of legal requirements, policies, and handling restrictions for various data types
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Hanover-20358-ARQ1
Job Posting: Jul 21, 2020, 7:15:48 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7740 Milestone Parkway Suite 400
Capabilities: Mission Critical