Jacobs is seeking a qualified Buyer to support the newly awarded NISSC II contract. Your career at Jacobs enables NISSC to fulfill its mission to “provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at NISSC sites.” As a member of our team, you will support corporate and customer mission to provide world-class IT services and support that connects systems and users across NORAD in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, cyber security, systems administration, and other mission-critical areas.
This individual will support the current US Air Force North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (ITW/AA) and Space Support Contaract II (NISSC II) at the Cheyenne Mountain Complex in Colorado Springs.
Typical Duties include:
- Review requisitions, solicit & evaluate bids, make recommendations and select suppliers for award of purchase orders
- Award purchase orders, negotiate price, quality, delivery and other terms and conditions
- Comply with corporate policies & procedures, underlying Federal, state, and local regulations concerning the purchase and shipment of goods, materials, and services
- Maintain the highest level ethical business practice and ethical conduct.
- Recruit and maintain responsive suppliers providing high quality products and services at fair and reasonable prices
- Conduct supplier site visits, rate suppliers for production capability, past performance, and timeliness of deliveries
- Negotiate with suppliers, settle damage claims, rejections, and losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations, and engineering change orders.
- Assist with development of systems to evaluate vendor quotations utilizing appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price and timely delivery of supplies and services
- Maintain detailed files and records suitable for audit by internal and external auditors
- Support subcontract administration as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
Clearance: Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance, or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance within 90 days of offer.
Educational: Requires 2 years of college with courses in business administration or industrial management, Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience. Good oral/written communication skills and analytical capabilities required.
Experience Requirements: 12 years of progressively responsible administrative and/or technical support assignments
Good oral/written communication skills and analytical capabilities required.
Experience with IT hardware and software purchasing and associated vendor relationships. - Experience working under a DCMA approved purchasing system. - Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
Work involves an inside office environment/cubicle. (Considerations: closed quarters, close together, limited lighting). Must be able to commute between buildings to support work requirements. Independent transportation necessary to support work requirements and to arrive at work site. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists.
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: sitting, eyes, hands). May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking. Must be able to carry a maximum of 35lbs and climb. May be exposed to areas of high noise levels.
Equipment and Machines
Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Full-time regular work hours. Position may require weekend or evening work depending on task requirements. Regular attendance is extremely important.
Other Essential Functions
- Needs to have clear, concise, and accurate communication skills.
- Must have ability to work well with office staff and customer representatives.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
: Jul 21, 2020, 11:09:54 PM
: Legal/Contracts Administration
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities