Jacobs is seeking a qualified Sr. Computer Hardware Maintenance Technician to support the newly awarded NISSC II contract. Your career at Jacobs enables NISSC to fulfill its mission to “provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at NISSC sites.” As a member of our team, you will support corporate and customer mission to provide world-class IT services and support that connects systems and users across NORAD in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, cyber security, systems administration, and other mission-critical areas.
- Provides technical guidance to personnel engaged in a specialized support function of the company and serves as technical specialist in the field.
- Serves as focal point for work requests of the group
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates the activities of personnel engaged in a specific technical support function involving equipment operation or maintenance
- Controls and reviews work to assure timeliness and accuracy of responsible functions
- Establishes and maintains schedules for the group to be consistent with budgetary and time constraints with an emphasis on safety operations.
- Assists employees with problem resolution
- Counsels employees and commends or reprimands as appropriate
- Conducts performance evaluation interviews, seeks interpretation of company policies, and informs employees; enforces safety regulations; and assures compliance with and actively support EEO/AA program
- Develops innovative approaches to non-routine, nonrecurring work request, based on acquired expertise and knowledge of organizational philosophy and personnel capabilities
- Performs any other related duties as required to meet objectives of the group. Provides training and maintain appropriate records
- Serves as technical specialist in areas of specialty, and acts as a contributing member of management teams for policy formulation
- Minimum of 2 years college or vocational training in area of specialty plus 14 years relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education/experience for a total of 16 years
- Secret with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
- General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment and Machines:
- General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Schriever AFB-IRES
: Jul 21, 2020, 10:37:43 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
730 Irwin Ave
Schriever AFB 80912
Capabilities: Cyber Security