Jacobs is seeking a qualified Sr. Computer Hardware Engineer to support the newly awarded NISSC II contract. Your career at Jacobs enables NISSC to fulfill its mission to “provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at NISSC sites.” As a member of our team, you will support corporate and customer mission to provide world-class IT services and support that connects systems and users across NORAD in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, cyber security, systems administration, and other mission-critical areas.
- Independently evaluates, selects, adapts, and modifies standard techniques and criteria in order to plan and conduct engineering assignment
- Independently plans, schedules, and conducts or coordinates detailed phases of engineering work through the selection and adaptation or modification of techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Analyzes complex features of the work and applies principles and practices of the discipline or devises new approaches in problem solutions
- Thoroughly reviews all results from assigned tasks and determine if outputs are complete, correct, integrated with project objectives, and adequately documented.
- Requires a BS degree in appropriate discipline and 8 to 12 years related engineering experience, or
- MS degree and seven 7 to 10 years of related engineering experience, or
- PhD and 2 to 5 years of related engineering experience
- Secret with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
- General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment and Machines:
- General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs-20348-SHRV-02
: Jul 21, 2020, 9:43:40 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Colorado Springs 80912
Capabilities: Cyber Security