Jacobs is seeking a qualified Contracts Manager to support the newly awarded NISSC II contract. Your career at Jacobs enables NISSC to fulfill its mission to “provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at NISSC sites.” As a member of our team, you will support corporate and customer mission to provide world-class IT services and support that connects systems and users across NORAD in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, cyber security, systems administration, and other mission-critical areas.
This individual will support the current US Air Force North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract II (NISSC II) at the Cheyenne Mountain Complex in Colorado Springs.
Typical Duties include:
- Will support the current US Air Force North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) Integrated Tactical Warning/Attack Assessment (ITW/AA) and Space Support Contract II (NISSC II) at the Cheyenne Mountain Complex in Colorado Springs.
- Provide contract review, development and negotiation of standard terms and conditions, determine acceptable deviations from standard terms and negotiate all standard and non-standard contractual agreements
- Review complex terms and conditions, develops alternative language, perform risk analysis/mitigation, and provide recommendations
- Maximize profit and cash flow while minimizing risk through the skillful negotiation of contract terms. - Communicate contract and subcontract requirements to other functional organizations
- Maximize on-contract growth (customer funded changes) and minimize unfunded estimate at complete (EAC) growth by actively participating in all facets of baseline change management
- Develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Coordinate with Program Management, Finance, Procurement, HR, and International Trade Compliance (Export Control) to ensure a cohesive and effective team
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs) and contracts/subcontracts to provide guidance to senior leadership on contractual rights and obligations, and interpretation of terms and conditions
- Execute Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) and Associate Contractor Agreements (ACAs)
- Implement prime contract management program and help drive compliance with contracts administration procedures
- Ensure compliance with government regulations, statutes, and client practices
- Manage and negotiate teaming agreements and various subcontract and procurement instruments
- Provide expert advice and counsel to the operations team on all contractual items and matters
- Technical/Functional Responsibilities
- Advise the project management team on the contractual significance of proposed actions
- Be the subject matter expert on the prime contract
- Negotiate changes to the terms and conditions in order to reduce risk exposure
- Prepare and provide contractually significant communications and notices
- Coordinate with other project team members to identify customer related actions or inactions, which result in constructive contract changes.
- Recommend and implement actions to document and request the additional compensation or time due client
- Provide support to business and execution units in the formation of subcontracts, including participating in the proposal, subcontract review, and/or subcontract partnering, and risk assessment process
- Coordinate with the Legal, Insurance, Risk, Project Controls, and Project Business Services on contractual terms and risk issues
- Review project correspondence to ensure clients’ rights are protected and that it is consistent with the terms of the prime contract
- Develop contract summary and update throughout the project. - Participate in risk reviews and functional management team reviews
- Ensure compliance with management of vital records and relevant correspondence to support reporting, contract audit, claims and litigations and contract close out
- Provide pre-claim and claim support and resources to project teams to prepare and negotiate claims as required
- Report performance to management for use in maintaining contracts metrics
- Follow the disputes process as defined by the prime to track and administer throughout the project, while working with Legal
- Advanced oral and written communication skills are required along with comprehensive knowledge of company policies and procedures and work flow processes
- Experience with the negotiation of contractual documents under the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other US government supplemental regulations
- Experience with Intelligence, DoD and commercial clients
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of DCAA and DCMA audit standards, federal experience with proposal pricing and cost estimating
- It is expected that the individual will have extensive and heightened knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations and various agency supplements, contract management best practices and skills required for efficiently managing government contracts.
Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance or ability to obtain a Secret security clearance within 90 days of offer
BA or BS degree in the appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university, Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience
Fourteen (14) fourteen years of contract experience.
Five (5+) years of experience with managing a diverse federal contracts team
Work involves an inside office environment/cubicle. (Considerations: closed quarters, close together, limited lighting). Must be able to commute between buildings to support work requirements. Independent transportation necessary to support work requirements and to arrive at work site. No hazards on job site or any unusual environmental condition exists.
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: sitting, eyes, hands). May involve long periods of sitting or standing depending on current tasking. Must be able to carry a maximum of 35lbs and climb. May be exposed to areas of high noise levels.
Equipment and Machines
Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
Full-time regular work hours. Position may require weekend or evening work depending on task requirements. Regular attendance is extremely important.
Other Essential Functions
- Needs to have clear, concise, and accurate communication skills.
- Must have ability to work well with office staff and customer representatives.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
: Jul 21, 2020, 8:44:40 PM
: Legal/Contracts Administration
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities