Jacobs is currently seeking a Telecommunications Watch Officer to support a customer facility in the Arlington, VA area. This position requires an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance that has been adjudicated in the last 5 years or designated CE and the ability to obtain and maintain special accesses. Duties include:
- Work as the Communications Watch Officer in the high-tempo environment of a National Operations Center responsible for availability and performance of operational mission capabilities under varying conditions including a variety of voice, video, data systems, networks and information feeds.
- Apply knowledge, training and expertise to determine appropriate course of action and best solution set to implement under varying situational events; brief customer on operational status.
- Monitor and analyze indications and warnings, operational status and other conditional factors; assess impact of changing conditions; task external teams and direct their efforts; reallocate resources and personnel as best determined to meet mission objectives; coordinate actions with other stakeholders.
- Make tactical decisions and take decisive action in a fast-paced dynamic environment to ensure mission objectives are met.
- Manage dynamic taskings and prioritize workload to meet customer expectations and demand level under changing situational conditions.
- Review and interpret changes to policy doctrine and directives to determine impact to mission operations and established processes; develop, update and maintain procedures and guidelines resulting from policy changes or new and emerging technology insertion; make recommendations; inform customer of best practices.
- Identify process improvements, efficiency gains and innovative approaches to operations and service delivery to increase customer value.
- Determine need for, coordinate and direct system repair and restoration efforts.
- Work with customer to determine operational requirements for future system capabilities; design, plan and test new systems to meet customer needs; ensure new systems are properly installed and brought on-line for operational use; coordinate and manage installation team efforts to ensure schedules are met and activities are not disruptive to ongoing operations. Ensure proper configuration and change management control are applied and system documentation is current.
- Work is performed on a 12-hour shift, scheduled on a rotational basis among communications support team members including nights, weekends and holidays in support of 24/7/365 operations. Members must be reachable on standby status in situations where scheduled members are not able to report for shift or to respond to an alternate duty location in support of customer requirements.
- Successful candidate will receive highly specialized training on unique job responsibilities.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance is required with adjudication within the last 5 years or designated CE and the ability to obtain and maintain special accesses.
- Two (2) years of college in a computer field and three (3) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a total of five (5) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Two (2) years of college in a related technical discipline plus five (5) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience for a total of five (7) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement.
- Operational work experience in a military communications career field
- CompTIA IT Security+ Certifications strongly desired
- Experience as a Network and /or Systems Administrator
- Understanding of the mid-range computer hardware, software features
- Experience with voice, video and data networks including radio systems, satellite systems, network architecture and distribution systems.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. The Communications Watch Officer will perform duties during a 12 hour shifts and on a rotational basis perform daily standby duty to assume shift duties of personnel not able to report for shift or to respond to an alternate duty location. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior
that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Little to no travel required. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen. Active TS/SCI security clearance is required, with adjudication in the last 5 years or designated CE. Must also have the ability to obtain and maintain special accesses.
: United States-Virginia-Arlington-20340-ARLF
: Jul 21, 2020, 11:58:34 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities