Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
Our experience encompasses virtually every type of automotive test facility. We not only design and build these facility systems assets but also operate, maintain, and manage these facilities.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Palletize, align, and balance engines to be dynamometer tested.
- Install engine harness in accordance to testing needs
- Document pretest checks
- Conduct a wide variety of non procedural gasoline and diesel engine dynamometer testing.
- Support development, durability and performance testing in an engine dynamometer facility.
- Collect, review and validate data for accuracy and completeness and make recommendation to engineering.
- Fabricate basic fixtures. Interface with Technologists, Product Engineers, and Supervisors on updates/new test procedures, equipment and methods.
- Verify the calibration and maintenance of test equipment and test systems.
- Install engines on dynamometer, hook up instrumentation, diagnose / troubleshoot problems, conduct tests, change engine parts if necessary, and remove engine and instrumentation.
In this position, you are a full-time employee of Jacobs. This is NOT a contract position. You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
If you want to work for a company that embraces innovation and sets a path for you to grow in your career, apply today!
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma required.
Good interpersonal, computer, oral and written skills.
Must be proficient in Excel
Desired: Working towards an Associate Degree in Automotive Technology or related field or equivalent testing experience in Gasoline and Diesel engine testing.
Experience in engines/powertrain dynamometer testing or other similar testing techniques preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position:
- Lifting: Parts such as fixtures, brackets, pumps, tanks, intakes, heads, other related parts and accessories, up to 50 lbs., 40%
- Climbing: NA
- Crawling: NA
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, slip resistant hardened toe shoes, gloves, long pants, short sleeve shirts, 100%
- Unusual physical requirements: Sitting (50%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), stooping (25%), Job requires manual labor
- High noise level: Engine high noise level while running in the test cells, vibration shakers, air flow lab pumps
- Other: NA
Description of Work Environment:
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside, 95%, Outside 5%.
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: NA
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: Rotating equipment, heavy fixtures, fuel, trip hazards, 100%
- Travel/transportation requirements: NA
- Other: NA
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks:
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers, 70%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: NA
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Vertical Mill, Lathe, Band Saw, Drill Press, and other related machine shop hand tools, repair tools, 50%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance:
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Monday through Friday, 8 hrs/day and 5 days/week. Occasional weekend AWS/OTP
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Dayshift, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical for employee to be there on a regular basis.
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical for employee to be there on time.
- Must have flexibility of work days to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions:
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.
: United States-Michigan-Dearborn-20313-DETO-05
: Jul 22, 2020, 2:13:48 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Advanced Technology Facilities