Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
This is a role supporting engineers in functional areas of structure
and roadway construction inspection; materials sampling, inspection and testing. Work usually involves a fairly wide range of decision making and use of judgment, and may include providing work direction to others.
• Employee will function as project inspector conducting independent complex inspections, and supervising lower level inspectors performing routine to moderately complex inspections of roadway and structure construction processes and materials to assure compliance with the construction contract.
• Employee may perform contract administrative duties such as field measurements of pay items as well as other Department required documentation. Work may include participating in Concept Meetings, Field Plan Reviews (Preliminary and/or Final), CPM schedule reviews, project close-out, and other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Employee may perform project engineering duties in lieu of Project Engineer on smaller construction projects (construction projects with Let amounts less than $5,000,000.00). Employee may be responsible for the administration, inspection, and management of local let projects once assigned to Construction.
• Attend associated meetings relating to the administration of the Project. Ensure local municipalities are in compliance with LAP process to effectively close out Project upon completion. Verifies that invoiced work is satisfactory.
• Ensures that funds estimated for each phase are allocated appropriately.
• Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in highway construction. Considerable knowledge of mathematical functions, including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry related to highway/transportation engineering. Skill in the use of office equipment such as calculators and computers. Ability to read, interpret, and explain such things as construction plans, contract provisions, specifications, and inspection procedures; ability to take notes and prepare or review reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written). Demonstrated ability to supervise and coordinate the activities of lower level employees and instruct them in proper work methods. Licensed to operate motor vehicles in accordance with Georgia Law.
• Non-engineering/Construction Management Degree or High School Diploma or GED
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa-US FL Tampa - W Cypress Street
Job Posting: Jul 22, 2020, 6:52:17 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US FL Tampa - W Cypress Street
4350 W Cypress Street, Suite 600
Capabilities: Highway and Roads