Jacobs is a Leading hardware engineering and manufacturing company for the Intelligence, Cyber, and Counter-terrorism Communities’ toughest challenges. We are currently seeking out an Senior Antenna Design Engineer to join our team and support our EDSP projects within Jacobs!
The Engineering Development and Special Projects (EDSP) Division focuses specifically on Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions providing electronics solutions in the areas of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Communications Technologies, and other RF Technologies for ground, air, and space environments.
• Conduct analysis, development, design, and testing of custom RF antennas, including phased arrays
• Utilize analysis, simulations, and constructed prototypes to develop/refine antenna designs
• Perform design trades using commercially-available electromagnetics software tools
• Select components to satisfy requirements for antenna designs (e.g. baluns, matching circuits, etc.)
• Work closely with software, mechanical, and antenna design engineers and senior RF engineers to develop overall product
• Present concepts, trade space decisions, and solutions to customers
• Support transition from prototype to production
• Design and Document test plans, test results, design concepts, etc.
• Assist in the development of production-level test and participate in testing as needed
• Assist in analyzing test failures for root causes and corrective actions
• Extract salient facts from electromagnetics and antenna trade journal publications and initiate practical applications of new techniques as appropriate
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
• Secret Clearance required; Ability to obtain and retain a TS/SCI clearance
• Demonstrated experience with phased-array antenna design concepts, antenna array synthesis, beamforming and steering techniques
• Understanding of miniature, wideband, and reconfigurable antenna design concepts
• Demonstrable knowledge in microwave measurements including impedance, gain and radiation patterns
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with commercially-available computational electromagnetics software tool/s (CST, HFSS, FEKO, ADS)
• Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering specializing in Electromagnetics and Antenna Design
• 10+ years’ experience in antenna simulation, design, construction and test desired
• Experience with phased-array antenna design
• Experience with miniature, wideband, and reconfigurable antenna designs
• Experience with wideband balun design and fabrication
• Experience/expertise in using CST Microwave Studio
• Understanding of underlying concepts behind mainstream computational electromagnetics techniques (FEM, FDTD, MOM, PTD/GTD)
• Experience with PCB CAD tools such as Altium Designer
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be a US citizen.
Clearance: Minimum Secret Preferred with ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
Location: Severn, MD
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Severn-20356-SEV1
Job Posting: Jul 23, 2020, 12:30:45 AM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7763 Old Telegraph Road Building A
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities