Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Civil Site Engineer is responsible for the quality of civil engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, and project profitability for civil engineering projects. Such projects include, but are not limited to land/site development, transportation, and public works.
• Uses advanced techniques to modify and extend civil engineering theories, precepts and practices.
• Plans and conducts work requiring independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation/ modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Independently resolves complex engineering problems.
• Conceptualizes the initial civil design approach for major phases of large land/site development, related projects, or has overall responsibility for the civil engineering work on an aforementioned type project of a larger scope.
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering work.
• Also, supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
• Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
• Consults with supervisor on unusual problems and developments.
• Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
• Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
• Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site.
• Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
• Performs other duties assigned by a Senior or Lead Engineer or Project Manager.
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineering
• United States Citizenship
• 5+ years experience on site development, grading, paving, utility infrastructure, and/or drainage projects, and experience utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Demonstrated ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects
• Experience on federal, retail, and/or municipal projects
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at 571-218-1000. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Arlington-US VA Arlington - Jfi - Arlington, Va
Job Posting: Jul 23, 2020, 7:54:21 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US VA Arlington - Jfi - Arlington, Va
1100 N. GLEBE RD,5TH FLOOR