Jacobs has the need for a new Construction Quality Inspector to join our team in Idaho Falls, ID. The successful candidate will perform inspections of construction features for Mechanical, Electrical, Instrument and Controls and Structural Steel erection to evaluate subcontractor methods, workmanship, quality, and conformance with code and project specifications. Candidates will evaluate construction materials for quality and compliance with specifications, and perform related work such as data collection, report writing, record-keeping, and field and laboratory testing programs. Employees at this level typically work independently on assignments but are expected to provide daily quality reports and regularly communicate with subcontractor quality representatives and the Jacobs Construction Quality Assurance Manager. Position Description and duties C Review plans, specifications, codes, shop drawings, submittals, procedures, reports, memos, status reports, subcontractor's minimum days, delay days, change order days and all correspondence between the independent testing agency, and the subcontractor. · Inspect and oversee contractual field work which includes excavations, backfill, concrete placement, and structural steel erection. · Interface with resident engineers · Report contractor’s daily production rates. · Schedule work and inspection/testing phases with subcontractors’ superintendent and independent test agency personnel. Maintain testing and inspection records submitted by the Independent Test Agency. · Advise subcontractors of violations and recommend adjustments to operations. · Take field measurements of pay items. · Review and oversee placement of and inspections/tests of construction materials. · Review lines, grades, dimensions, and elevations using standard survey and field engineering equipment. · Check and verify all materials stored on and off site for payment as well as materials used in site construction against submittals and check and verify the installation of materials and equipment. · Recommend changes to construction plans to meet field conditions or provide project cost savings. · Maintain project records, including daily inspection reports, materials notebooks, as-built drawings, pay quantity records, and monthly estimates. · Manage vendor data documentation and subcontractor submittals.
- 8 or more years of construction/Industrial experience.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices, techniques, materials and equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering plans, specifications and drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, specifications and drawings and to compare them with various aspects of construction in progress.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subcontractors and associates.
- Ability to effect satisfactory compliance with specifications and standards.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- USA citizenship is required for this role. No Dual citizens or foreign nationals can be considered for this role
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required, college education is preferred
- Experience with Concrete construction and inspection is preferred
- Experience with welding / Steel construction and inspection is preferred
- Experience with Electrical or I&C is preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Must be able to walk across long distances over potential rough terrain.
- The ability to climb stairs and ladders to inspect work is also required.
- Exposure to weather elements while in the field is expected. Project Information
- The work location for this position is approximately 55 miles from Idaho Falls.
- Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights. At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
: United States-Idaho-Idaho Falls-20355-SFHP
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Jul 23, 2020, 3:44:52 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
501 W Broadway Suite 200
Idaho Falls 83402