Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of a Systems Engineer - Human Landing System to join our team. Do you have the following skills?
The Systems Engineer - Human Landing System will:
- Be responsible for the planning, development, review, and maintaining program requirements including Project Technical Requirements Specification (PTRS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), Verification and Validation Document (V&VD), and Verification Success Criteria (VSC).
- Utilize a requirements management software and systems engineering tool such as DOORS, Cradle or MagicDraw.
- Prepare materials for the system life cycle phasing, including SRR (System Readiness Review) and Critical Design Review (CDR)
- Work with team members to identify risks, to develop risk statements, and to help them plan risk responses.
- Perform and review system level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall system design and performance.
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues and for support.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.Basic knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, and material selection.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles and associated documentation (for example ICD, EIS, PTRS, V&V Plan).
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents including PTRS and Verification and Validation documents (V&VD), and ICD.
- Experience with requirements flow down and traceability.
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space hardware.
- Experience with NASA JSC Flight Hardware Life Cycle, Certification, and Engineering processes
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
- Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements including safety, fault tolerance, and unique disciplines.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and share point sites as well as typical systems engineering products.
Why Work for Jacobs?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing out!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
: United States-Texas-Houston-20331-ESCG
: Jul 23, 2020, 2:48:11 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2224 Bay Area Boulevard
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities