Jacobs is seeking a Junior Security Control Assessment (SCA) Engineer in Reston, VA.
• Perform security testing and security control assessments (SCAs) on
federal applications to ensure compliance with the NIST 800-53a and
agency specific requirements. The individual will be required to interface
with federal employees and contractors to perform the security assessment
activities. Additionally, the SCA Engineer will be responsible for assisting in
the documentation of the vulnerability findings to the client.
• Assist in the preparation of program deliverables include the Final SCA
• Support the implementation of comprehensive security controls consistent
• 0-3 years of relevant work experience
• Ability to work with collateral engineers, analysts and managers on related
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating
and ensuring scheduled goals are met
• Able to communicate effectively through written and verbal means
• Ability to obtain one or more of the following certifications:
• Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker (ECC)
• GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA)
• ISC2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
• ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
• ISACA Certified Information System Auditor (CISA)
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.