Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
The Automotive Test Technician is an integral part of the vehicle development process. You will use cutting edge technology to help create the vehicles of tomorrow
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Assume responsibility for specific technical areas and prepare procedures as required. Performs wiring and pin/socket assembly and preventive maintenance activities in the facility. Responsibilities include:
- Correct and timely completion of work orders
- Documentation and file maintenance
- Utilize Asset Management database software
- Operate pressure transducers, transmitters, load cells, temperature transmitters, gas analyzers and handheld/bench top test instruments such as multimeters, process calibrators, thermometers.
- Work with computers, Microsoft-Office applications, and other database tools to perform routine tasks.
- Perform equipment lock out as needed
- Manage consumable inventories
- Schematic reading, trouble shoot facility problems, participate in facility upgrade projects
- Planned maintenance - preventive maintenance of instrument/subsystem
- Reactive maintenance - Instrument/system troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair
- Compliance with local safety and quality procedures
In this position, you are a full-time employee of Jacobs. This is NOT a contract position. You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- Have an understanding of 12 volt electronics, instrumentation, engine and drivetrain components and their functions.
- Computer experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent in instrumentation, electronics, or a related discipline
- Experience in instrument component repair, and instrumentation / electrical schematic reading
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. lifted vertically from knee to waist level, 25%
- Climbing: 25%
- Crawling: NA
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, slip resistant hardened toe shoes, gloves, long pants, short sleeve shirts, safety glasses, hearing protection on sites.
- Unusual physical requirements: Sitting (75%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), Stooping (25%), frequently walking up and down stairs (1 hour). Job requires manual labor.
- High noise level: Audiograms required (TWA over 85 dB)
- Other: NA
Description of Work Environment
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside, 100%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: NA
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: NA
- Travel/transportation requirements: NA
- Other: NA
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers, 25%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: PMHV, 25%
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Air driven sockets, basic hand tools, 25%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Monday through Friday, 100%
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Dayshift but shift assignment is subject to change, so candidate must be flexible with available work hours.
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical, 100%
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical, 100%
- Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work days to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.
: United States-Michigan-Livonia-20313-DETO-06
: Jul 23, 2020, 12:05:31 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Advanced Technology Facilities