Jacobs is seeking a Solutions Architect in Alexandria, VA. Duties will include:
Responsible for defining and developing a resilient grants management platform of applications using open source frameworks and cloud native technologies
Will have a strong passion for and background in full-stack, cloud-based software environments and developing quality production software at all stages of the software lifecycle
Will work with DIS to define, guide, and continuously evolve the overall system architecture towards a target state
In addition, this resource will serve as a mentor and guide to multiple agile teams (leveraging SAFe best practices) in the development of said software environment
Will serve as a strategic visionary, working with the DevOps, CloudOps, EA, ERB and CCB to participate in decision-making on the selection of elements within the software environment with an understanding of how decisions influence each other
Define best practices and standards for ITSIS development (e.g. Test-Driven Development, API-First Development) and ensure teams are incorporating both into application and service development
Lead analysis of alternatives (AoA) and provide hands-on prototype solutions with the full stack and Cloud Application Platforms.
Encourage innovation, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, and self-organization
Work with DIS leadership, governance groups, architects, application teams, DBAs, business users and other service areas to identify technical and functional needs of “the system”, determine the priority of work, and ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
Design resilient UX, APIs, and Microservices using the latest technologies (e.g. Docker, EKS, ECR, Twistlock, Secrets Manager, ALB, CloudWatch, S3, SQS, SNS, ElasticCache) with a future vison of a secure cloud-based container platform based on Kubernetes via Amazon EKS
Perform engineering activities for performance tuning and monitoring of applications and services utilizing 3rd party (e.g. App Dynamics, JMeter) and cloud-native (e.g. CloudWatch, X-Ray)
Provide input into hiring activities for front-end, back-end, and full-stack development staff including development of standard reusable interview techniques
Leverage DevSecOps practices for Continuous Integration, Scanning, and Deployment utilizing modern tools (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, BitBucket, SonarQube, OWASP, NPM, etc.)
Analyze user needs to determine functional requirements and define problems and develop plans and requirements in the subject matter area for moderately complex to complex systems related to information systems architecture, networking; telecommunications, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation
Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships. Identify resources required for each task
Other duties as assigned
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance
- 11+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree required. Commensurate education for experience
- Demonstrated expertise with AWS Cloud technologies
- Demonstrated expertise with Containerization (Docker) and Container orchestration and security technologies such as Kubernetes and Twistlock
- Demonstrated expertise with Linux such as RedHat/CentOS
- Demonstrated expertise with scripting such as Groovy, Python, and Bash
- Demonstrated expertise administering Production environments
- Familiarity with Java EE application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, and WebLogic
- Familiarity with build & dependency management such as Maven, and Sonatype Nexus
- The ability to answer deep technical questions on Application Architecture and Development in the Public Cloud and solutions being recommended through examples or demonstrations
- Familiarity with securing Containerized applications such as end-to-end encryption, and service mesh
- Systems development experience for federal clients
- Hands-on Java application deployment experience (microservices and MVC)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Possess requisite knowledge and expertise so recognized in the professional community that the government is able to qualify the individual as an expert in the field for an actual task order
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Commensurate experience in IT and in new and related older technology that directly relates to the required area of expertise
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
: United States-Virginia-Alexandria-20351-BCPA
: Jul 23, 2020, 10:42:41 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2415 Eisenhower Avenue
Capabilities: Enterprise IT