Jacobs has an opening for a Network Engineer with an active Secret clearance in the Reston, VA area.
The Sponsor requires a Network Engineer that will perform engineering, Operations & Maintenance, as well as Research & Development for the Sponsor’s Enterprise Network Infrastructure, which is made up of a combination of COTS hardware and software. Work involves being able to design & implement an enterprise architecture with routing, switching, and network security technologies, as well as daily operational/maintenance tasks, and development & maintenance of a lab environment for testing.
The Contractor shall work closely with other contractor developers, systems engineers, and requirements analysts; however, priorities will be managed by the Sponsor project manager and/or Sponsor team lead.
The Contractor shall be responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation, to include robust network engineering designs and templates that support network communications, designing and integrating Local Area Network (LAN) and data center first article solutions. The contractor shall build and maintain the network infrastructure (hardware/software, routers, switches, firewall appliances, applications, etc.), conduct research, development, and evaluations to evolve enterprise services. The contractor shall identify, train, and transition relevant project tasks to enterprise service providers with an automation-first mindset and provide tiered support to resolve network issues in a timely fashion. The contractor shall continuously collaborate with various offices and vendors, work with various teams to understand requirements/concerns, and participate in vendor technical exchange meetings if necessary. The contractor shall review any documented test plans with the Sponsor project manager and/or team lead.
• Strong knowledge of Routing and Switching systems; understanding of protocols (ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS/SR, and BGP); Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP); and network function virtualization technologies (NFV for VNF).
• Demonstrated experience with developing network design solutions (physical and logical) that are in compliance with best engineering practices, standards, and guidelines, writing system requirements and relevant network documentation, and working with others to determine network requirements.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network services, equipment and devices, such as Switches, Routers, Servers, Cables, Racks, and Firewalls.
• Demonstrated expertise with hands-on experience developing and sustaining an enterprise network infrastructure.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Information Assurance concepts, including encryption techniques (e.g. AES/DES), especially IPSec protocols such as IKE and ISAKMP.
• Demonstrated experience applying rigorous System Engineering practice to requirement flow-down and Verification & Validation (V&V).
• Demonstrated experience and ability to provide technical support for briefings to high level staff and brief various degrees of technical information to a range of audiences.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to manage competing priorities, risks, and mitigation.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to participate in technical exchange meetings.
• Active Secret Clearance required
• Expert requires a minimum of 11 years of experience specific to the skill must be reflected
• Desired Certification: CCNP, CCVP, CCSP, CCDP, JNCIS, or CCIE/JNCIE
• Demonstrated written and communication skills.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Sponsor systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work seamlessly with contractors of other organizations as well as sponsor staff.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to multitask and work within agile environment.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain an acute awareness of industry routing and switching products across multiple vendors.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Windows, Linux, and AWS platform environments.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: Jul 24, 2020, 12:57:28 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Mission Critical