Jacobs is currently interviewing qualified candidates for a Network Engineer to support our customer in Vienna, VA. A Top Secret clearance is required. Anticipated Award Date: October, 2020
- Maintain network equipment for all enclaves; replace faulty network equipment.
- Install new equipment and update all system drawings, Data Center drawings, and update patching database as needed.
- Install and maintain networking equipment to include routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Maintain Data Center and ensures all access policies and procedures are adhered to for all stakeholders in the Data Center.
- Schedule Data Center access and audit all Data Center work activity for compliance to installation specifications.
- Provide support for workstation patching to the switch for workstation install and move requests.
- Coordinate and review documentation and implementation plans of new network hardware.
- Analyze and monitor customer network traffic. Decommission equipment as necessary following standard processes and coordinating with logistics
- Work closely with teammates to implement technology, troubleshoot and resolve network related issues.
- Test and implement network/firewall configurations as needed.
- Diagnose network device issues and resolve appropriately.
- Update devices with current firmware as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for all areas of responsibility.
- Troubleshoot complex issues independently as well as working with other engineering teams.
- Attend meetings as assigned; plan and carry out assignments; clearly communicate statuses of tasks.
- Interpret IT policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Test and optimize the functionality of systems, networks, and data.
- Ensure optimal use of commercially available products.
- Write and/or edit technical documents to include business Quotes, reports, user manuals, briefings, presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements, proficiently using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Visio).
- Effectively interface with all levels of management and technical personnel using good oral and written communication skills
- May be designated as a member of the Emergency Response Group (ERG) to support actual and scheduled COOP activities.
- Remediate identified Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) related to obtaining and/or maintaining a systems Authority to Operate (ATO).
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- This position requires a Top Secret clearance
- Must be able to demonstrate working in a 24/7 operational environment and working on call rotation.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods, and practices.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of a Tier 2/3 Operational environment working on production systems and software including SAN/NAS, databases, virtualization and the entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of cloud technology and vendors.
- At least 1 of the positions must have a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or CompTIA Network+ certification.
- Master’s, Bachelor’s and/or Associate degrees are preferred. Exceptions may be made as follows:
- Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience; OR
- Associate’s degree with 6 years of relevant experience; OR
- 8 years of relevant experience
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
: United States-Virginia-Vienna-20357-VA27
: Jul 25, 2020, 12:03:50 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
801 Follin Ln SE
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities