Jacobs is seeking a Top Secret cleared Web Software Developer. The position is located in Vienna, VA. Anticipated Award Date: October, 2020.
- Provide expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues.
- Present recommendations for adoption of new methodologies and lead implementation.
- Code in the latest versions of Java and Angular or any tools required by the government.
- Provide support the implementation of interfaces to applications.
- Provide support in developing the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the applications.
- Participate in the design of software tools and subsystems to support reuse and domain analysis.
- Test, fix, and refine the computer software to produce the required product.
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Create new software and modify existing software to ensure efficiency and integrity between systems and applications.
- Create and/or maintain operating systems, communications software, database packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs.
- Modify existing software and create special-purpose software to ensure efficiency and integrity between systems and applications.
- Provide support to develop web-based applications including online customer service to transform Government agencies to be able to deliver their services online.
- Provide support in developing the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the web- site.
- Provide support for the implementation of interfaces to applications.
- Participate as an effective Scrum team member focusing on quality of product and supporting multiple custom enterprise applications delivered by multiple application development teams.
- Attend daily Scrum meetings to discuss daily sprint activities and objectives.
- Remediate identified Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) related to obtaining and/or maintaining a systems Authority to Operate (ATO).
- 4 years of relevant experience in web software development.
- Top Secret clearance
- Master’s, Bachelor’s and/or Associate degrees are preferred. Exceptions may be made as follows:
- Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience; OR
- Associate’s degree with 6 years of relevant experience; OR
- 8 years of relevant experience
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Vienna-20357-VA27
: Jul 25, 2020, 1:53:29 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
801 Follin Ln SE
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities