Jacobs is currently interviewing qualified candidates for an Enterprise Architect - Systems/Applications. The candidate must have an active Top Secret clearance. The position is located in Vienna, Virginia. Anticipated Award Date: October, 2020.
- Establish system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
- Stay current on new and emerging new and emerging information technologies, methods and tools.
- Develop IT solutions, IT applications and systems.
- Accurately represent customer requirements, i.e. gather and interpret relevant data and information, using excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Plan and coordinate the development of data structures and access strategies in alignment with business and mission requirements.
- Plan and carry out difficult and complex assignments and develop new methods, approaches, and procedures working independently and leading teams.
- Coordinate the evaluation and selection of data management tools.
- Troubleshoot complex, multi-vendor issues individually or with multiple development teams.
- Plan and migrate databases to new technologies.
- Proficiently use tools for Application Life-cycle Management (ALM).
- Analyze the potential of systems, networks, and data utilizing Cloud technologies and resources.
- Recommend performance enhancements to operational systems and to optimize data management processes.
- Design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensure systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open System Interconnection (OSI), and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) reference models and profiles of standards, such as Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) OSE reference model, as they apply to the implementation and specification of information management solution of the application platform, across the Application Program Interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Prepare cost-benefit and ROI analyses to help management make decisions on financial feasibility.
- Analyze user interfaces, maintain hardware and software performance, analyze workload and computer usage, maintain interfaces with outside systems, analyze downtimes, and analyze proposed system modifications, upgrades and new COTS.
- Translate detailed designs into computer software. Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation. Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
- Coordinate closely with programmers to ensure proper implementation of program and system specifications.
- Provide technical and administrative direction for staff performing software development tasks, including the review of work products for adherence to design concept and user standards, and ensure progress in accordance with schedule.
- Communicate effectively within organization, with partners, high-level U.S. Government and international officials.
- Research and gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables.
- Conduct and manage product evaluations.
- Participate in the design of software tools and subsystems to support reuse and domain analysis.
- Write and/or edit technical documents to include business Quotes, reports, user manuals, briefings, presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, special reports, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements proficiently using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel and Visio).
- Consult relevant information sources to include library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel to obtain background information, and to verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
- Develop outlines and drafts for review and approval by technical specialists and project management ensuring that final documents meet applicable contract requirements and regulations.
- Participate as an effective Scrum team member focusing on quality of product and supporting multiple custom enterprise applications delivered by multiple application development teams.
- Remediate identified Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) related to obtaining and/or maintaining a systems Authority to Operate (ATO).
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Must be able to demonstrate working in a 24/7 operational environment and working on call rotation.
- Must be able to demonstrate working in an operational environment where priorities change frequently.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in Systems Development Life Cycle framework.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise of SQL, NoSQL, Linux, and scripting languages.
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Master’s, Bachelor’s and/or Associate degrees are preferred. Exceptions may be made as follows:
- Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience; OR
- Associate’s degree with 6 years of relevant experience; OR
- 10 years of relevant IT experience and minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in system architecture for enterprise-level systems.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
: United States-Virginia-Vienna-20357-VA27
: Jul 25, 2020, 3:07:11 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
801 Follin Ln SE
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities