Are you able to transform ordinary electronic documents into clean, clear, attractive publications? Does it excite you to create complex documents and integrate text, charts, diagrams, and graphics into a cohesive and compelling package? Do you excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment?
What drives you drives us as we work to build a better world – together.
At Jacobs, every day is an opportunity to make the world better, more connected, more sustainable. We’re powered by more than 50,000 people across the globe who deliver innovative scientific, technical, professional and program-management solutions for public and private clients around the world.
Our Critical Mission Solutions (CMS) line of business is looking for Document Publishing Specialists to join the growth and sales team in Reston, VA. Other locations will be considered for candidates with proven experience.
FUNCTION OF POSITION
Using various graphic design and desktop publishing techniques and systems, Document Publishing Specialists perform a variety of tasks to support Jacobs’ Relationship Based Sales (RBS) process and other related activities. Working independently or collaborating with a team, they use page layout, formatting, and typography to create both electronic and print deliverables of varying size and complexity – from technical documents and proposals, to marketing deliverables. Document Publishing Specialists have a diverse range of skills including document design and formatting, proofreading, and reprographics that allow them to shepherd a document from conception to production and delivery.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides document layout and formatting for sales proposals and presentations and related materials, including the use of complex desktop publishing techniques.
• Develops compliant response templates (e. g., font, format, page layout, naming conventions) in accordance with solicitation requirements using Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe products.
• Develops basic graphics for use in sales proposals, presentations, and other related materials.
• Coordinates document production using electronic and traditional publishing techniques. May communicate with internal and external vendors, as required.
• May coordinate, lead, or perform production of hard copy and/or electronic deliverables, including operating copiers/printers, tab cutters, and bindery equipment.
• Ensures all documents comply with the Jacobs identity and branding guidelines.
· Customer Focus – Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
· Communicates Effectively – Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
· Collaborates – Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others. Results Self
· Action Oriented – Readily takes on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues.
· Self-development – Shows personal commitment and takes action to continuously improve. Accepts new assignments that broaden capabilities. Learns from new experience, from others, and from structured learning. Makes the most of available development resources.
· Instills Trust – Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency between words and actions.
Required Education, Training, and Experience:
• Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree plus eight (8) years of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a total of twelve (12) years.
• Technical: Demonstrated capability in Microsoft Office suite with proficiency in document layout and publishing. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant software is highly desired.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret/SCI U.S. government security clearance.
• Languages: Effective verbal and written communication skills in English and other languages, as applicable.
• Other: Work may be required after normal hours or weekends with short notice. Must also be willing to travel.
Physical Requirements of Position: Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Work Environment: Generally an office environment but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers, customer, and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Equipment and Machines: Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work-related tools as required.
Attendance: Regular hours will be Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements. With exception of approved leave and holidays, attendance is mandatory.
Other Essential Functions: Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management, and co-workers. Must have clear, concise, and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion. Must take and pass a drug test and background check. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be willing to travel as needed.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20314-CORP-02
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Jul 27, 2020, 6:34:52 PM
: Business Development/Sales/Marketing
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities