Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practices regionally and we have a need for a transportation engineer in our Louisiana offices. This position reports directly to the Baton Rouge Group Leader and serves in transportation engineering roles on highway and bridge design projects projects.
• Demonstrating time management skills
• Maintaining effective communication with project team members and with the customer
• Participating in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
• Performing all aspects of engineering and design. Works under minimal supervision. Will provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel
• Performing quality control.
• Performing design calculations.
• Using computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering is required
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in roadway or bridge design engineering
• Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer (P.E.) in Louisiana, or ability to obtain, is required
• Experience working on DOT projects and with the Louisiana Department of Transportation is preferred.
• Experience with Microstation, InRoads and OpenRoads is preferred
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Candidate with established local client relationships preferred
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge-US LA Baton Rouge - Essen Lane
Job Posting: Jul 27, 2020, 7:04:38 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US LA Baton Rouge - Essen Lane
4949 Essen Lane
Baton Rouge 70898
Capabilities: Highway and Roads