Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Project Manager will be reporting directly to the Program Manager or Regional Manager. This may include Design and Procurement, but would focus on the overview of project close-out, as well as Controls. This position is client facing and would be the direct contact as the highest ranking onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety.
• Responsible for overall project delivery (cost, schedule, quality, information, contracts) on multiple project assignments
• Manage project development from conception through completion (both large and small) in accordance with program objectives
• Manages all budgets, schedules, scope development, design and construction contracts, documents, procedures and controls for assigned projects
• Manages the review and approval process for consultant invoices and contractor pay applications and change orders and coordinates with Control Manager for proper posting in reporting program
• Attends assigned meetings to cover weekly job progress meetings; issues meeting minutes during design
• Resolves complex construction related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
• Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting
• Excellent communication skills as this position is client facing
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• 2+ years of experience as a Project Manager in an Engineering, Environmental or Construction organization preferred
• 2+ years of experience in a project related technical field required
• Knowledge of project delivery methods, team building and client relationship building
• PMP a plus
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
Primary Location: United States-California-OAKLAND-US CA Oakland - Grand Ave
Other Locations: United States-California-San Ramon-US CA San Ramon - Chevron
Job Posting: Jul 28, 2020, 7:56:58 PM
Job: Project Management
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US CA Oakland - Grand Ave
155 Grand Avenue, Suite 800
Capabilities: Power and Utilities Services