Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of an Electronics Design Engineer - Space Exploration Electronic Systems to join our team with Aerodyne Industries, a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
The Electronics Design Engineer - Space Exploration Electronic Systems will:
- Report directly to the Electronics and Electrical Section Manager as part of group of over 50 other Electronics and Electrical Engineers.
- Work directly with or as a Team Lead and associated Electrical Engineers on a given project.
- Support new designs from conception, analysis, and manufacturing, through to operational test and deployment. - Provide design support and guidance in various aspects of Electronics System Development.
- Be familiar with NASA specifications for Electronics Component development.
- Develop component test stand architectures for various components.
- Design and generate electrical component and lab instrumentation test system designs.
- Develop and or modify LabVIEW code for various test systems.
- Develop detailed test verification procedures.
- Work with electrical and mechanical technicians to build and test designed systems.
- Develop and test various breakout boxes and digital/analog sensor emulation systems.
- Perform electrical evaluation/selection of instrumentation (pressure transducers, flow meters, pumps, fans, RTDs,
- Thermocouples, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and repair existing test systems.
- Conduct analog and digital printed circuit board design for various application needs. - Develop test software modules to perform specific tests.
- Work with eCAD designer to develop printed circuit board designs.
- Work in a laboratory environment, following standard operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Prior experience with electrical schematic entry and printed circuit board layout tools such as Altium Designer.
- Prior experience with data acquisition systems (especially National Instruments) and LabVIEW code development.
- Prior experience with FPGA circuitry design and coding in associated VHDL development environments.
- Prior experience with microcontroller circuitry design and associated embedded software development environments.
- Familiarity with data interface protocols and associated hardware such as Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, I2C, SPI etc.
- Experience with test hardware such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, function generators, electronic load banks, power supplies, power analyzers.
- Prior experience with cable design.
- Prior experience in design and test of analog instrumentation systems.
- Prior experience in design and test of stepper and brushless DC-DC control circuits.
- Prior experience in design and test of power supply and conditioning systems.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS OneNote and MS Outlook. - Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
Why Work on Our Team?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Texas-Houston-20331-ESCG
: Jul 28, 2020, 8:26:28 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2224 Bay Area Boulevard
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities