Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
- Reporting to the E&I Department Manager the candidate will serve as an I&C Engineering Supervisor responsible for overseeing the Instrumentation & Control Systems engineering and design staff
- Candidate will have experience working and managing remote domestic and international staff providing mentoring and training with the willingness to travel domestically and abroad to promote successful project execution
- The supervisor will be responsible for monitoring the I&C staff to assure compliance with Client, Jacobs and industry standards
- On multiple projects develop discipline scope of works, manhour estimates, I&C Execution Plans and defines required resources for successful project execution. Will function as an I&C lead on projects as needed through all phases of project execution.
- The supervisor will assist the I&C Lead Engineers in decision making regarding manpower, schedule and solving engineering problems.
- Support leads on large projects and foster client relationships.
- Guide project leads on project execution strategies and team development.
- Maintain and promote effective communication with project team members and with our customers
- Identify the team’s strengths and weaknesses and determine areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Lead future growth of the department through effective recruiting, interviewing, and selection of intern/entry level to senior level candidates.
- Supply the vision/ideas/innovation/changes necessary to keep the I/C engineering group ahead of our competition.
- Empower team members to develop and implement new training initiatives for the department.
- Help group members set their performance goals for the year.
- Hold weekly workshare coordination meetings with Delhi and all life-science offices.
- Hold project strategy sessions to plan and execute successful GID workshare across all projects.
- Perform tier reviews of project deliverables to ensure accuracy, conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and conformance to good engineering practices.
- The supervisor will oversee the performance evaluations of the I&C staff with the ability to contribute to their development and growth (e.g. coach junior engineers).
- Ability to communicate, train, effect change and implement improvements
- Must also be familiar with Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and Bluebeam Revu.
The ideal candidates will possess the following requirements:
- Candidates should be self-motivated professionals that display a positive attitude with the ability to lead people and hold the team and her/himself accountable.
- Eager to make an impact on the future growth and development of the I/C engineering group in Conshohocken and in North America
- BS/MS in Electrical or Chemical Engineering;
- Minimum 20 years’ experience as Control Systems Enginee
- Experience in Bio Pharma, Pharmaceutical & Lab process Instrumentation and controls
- Knowledge of International codes like ASME BPE, Dairy, Hygienic systems (Process, water system, Clean steam etc)
- Knowledgeable of life science industry Automation, DCS and PLC control systems, and development of P&ID’s, control system architectures and associated design deliverables and field instrumentation
- Must be able to travel to client’s facilities for presentations, site surveys and field assignments
- Excellent communication skills and an ability work in a collaborative environment.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Pennsylvania-Conshohocken-US PA Conshohocken - Two Ash Street
: Jul 28, 2020, 8:38:51 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US PA Conshohocken - Two Ash Street
Two Ash Street, Suite 3000
Capabilities: Life Sciences and Biopharma