Senior Level Pricing Specialist
Be an important part of an exciting team dedicated to keeping America safe at home and abroad. Jacobs is seeking subject matter expertise with US Government cost and price proposals, reporting to Pricing Leadership with the Sales & Growth organization of Jacobs Critical Mission Solutions (CMS). The rapidly changing and dynamic challenges that our U.S. Government customers face every day will inspire your ingenuity and challenge you to achieve more than you thought possible. Join the Jacobs team and put your ingenuity and skills to work to make a difference helping our national security customers achieve mission success.
A unique opportunity exists for the optimal candidate to thrive in an environment of collaborative approaches to proposal development and strategic development of customer solutions. The ability to interact, work closely, and gain exposure with executive leadership will be imperative for the chosen candidate. This resource will also engage with clients in a collaborative manner to better position the company for proposal success.
The candidate, in the performance of the job function, will develop Best-in-Class pricing strategy and proposals, working collaboratively with Operations and Sales Leadership. Resource works on Corporate-wide strategies that set direction for Jacobs and ensures both long and short-term profitability. Ensures pricing practices and strategies are implemented to obtain corporate profitability metrics. Supports the development and implementation of necessary programs and initiatives to ensure that all Jacobs Pricing and contracting policies are congruent with Corporate, Federal and State pricing policies, guidelines, regulations and mandates. The candidate will develop complex pricing proposals in response to customer requests, participate on cross-functional teams to collect the necessary data for pricing effectiveness, participate in proposal kick off meetings and own pricing proposal schedules as well as templates and pricing instructions for subcontractor proposals, develop complex cost proposal narratives, understand and collaboratively clarify the basis of estimates submitted by the technical estimators, perform direct labor rate analysis, develop business cases, lead pricing reviews, lead fact finding efforts and the negotiation process and support audit activities as they arise. The ideal candidate will provide training to, and assist technical personnel in, the development of credible Basis of Estimates (BOE). The candidate will contribute to the development of winning business strategies, be a key participant in price-to-win (PTW) strategy and will coordinate closely with Human Resources, Contracts, Subcontracts, Procurement and/or Proposal Management personnel to develop high quality cost volume submissions.
• Accountable for ensuring management of the cost/price volume for all Jacobs services and products which maximizes value of offerings
• Responsible for authoring compelling and compliant cost narratives for strategic opportunities.
• Drives pricing & modeling analysis for pre-contract analysis. Owns the financial analysis process to support all proposals made to customers. Ensures all business cases that go before Executive management undergo rigorous analysis
• Manages labor category mapping to the requirements of the solicitation. Analyzing adjustments for unique skill sets, specialized education and experience requirements, as well as emerging technology expertise
• Has accountability for monitoring and reporting contract performance that is used to inform pricing & contracting strategy. Monitors industry standard and competitive pricing information and the impact of other environmental factors that affect pricing decisions and strategies
• Leads individual opportunity pricing function; the development of strategic pricing strategies, identifying risks, interpreting solicitation requirements, and shaping solicitations analysis and estimates for complex proposal efforts and ensures compliance with company policies, disclosure statements, FAR, CAS, and solicitation requirements
• Interfaces with DCAA auditors regarding cost proposals, including direct and indirect costs support
• Bachelor’s Degree + 15 years of progressive experience providing strategic pricing support for federal contracts and task orders
• Specific and Recent MPO Pricing Experience
• Demonstrated experience providing strategic guidance in pricing various types of contracts (CPFF, CPAF, CPIF, FFP, T&M, IDIQ, GWAC, GSA schedules)
• Knowledge and experience in using complex pricing models and pricing processes and procedures and understanding of professional and IT services pricing strategies used in all channels, commercial and government
• Knowledge of U.S Federal marketplace and regulatory and compliance impact on Pricing & Contracting
• Demonstrated experience leading pricing strategies/structures, complex pricing analysis and complex financial modeling
• Proven track record of results
• Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
• TS/SCI required
Location & Travel Requirements
• Position staffed in support of Herndon, VA Sales Center, however remote support is acceptable
• If remote, applicant must have safe, ergonomic accommodations in the home that are subject to inspection
• Ability to work in classified SCIF environment for short periods
• Minimal travel requirements; Alternative work sites for abbreviated periods of time possible
Physical Requirements of Position: Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required. May require travel to other sites in the National Capital Region. No strenuous physical activity required.
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment. Position staffed in support of Hanover, MD sales center, however, remote support is acceptable.
Equipment and Machines: Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work-related tools as required.
Attendance: Regular hours will be Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions: Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management, and co-workers. Must have clear, concise, and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion. Must take and pass a drug test and background check. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be willing to travel as needed.Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Herndon-20314-CDUL
Other Locations: United States-Maryland-Hanover-20314-HANV
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jul 28, 2020, 10:57:15 PM
Job: Business Development/Sales/Marketing
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2551 Dulles View Drive
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities