Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Web Engineers must understand SharePoint farm architectures, installation processes, performing scripted installations, configuring, STIG’ing and securing a farm environment. The Web Engineer needs to be familiar with all functionality of SharePoint Central Administration, Shared Services, Managed Metadata, Enterprise Services, STSADM commands, PowerShell scripting and how the services and functions affect the entire SharePoint farm.
The Web Engineer should also have exceptional troubleshooting skills that can aid on isolating an issue rapidly. Troubleshooting skills are required both on the server administration side as well as the customer facing side of the SharePoint and other web environments.
The Web Engineer should have a broad knowledge of Windows networking, authentication, and user identity protocols, particularly Kerberos and SAML. They should also be comfortable with using a variety of utilities such as Network Monitor, Fiddler, and LDAP browsers. In addition, the SharePoint Engineer should have strong skills in the following areas:
- SharePoint 2010-2016
- IIS Manager and IIS 7/8 architecture
- SQL Server 2008/2012
- Office Web Applications
- SharePoint Search
- SharePoint Workflow Manager
- Server Manager
- Active Directory
- Network/Service Load Balancing Technologies
- Event Viewer and Performance Monitor
- Analyzing IIS and ULS logs
- Monitor and manage server health and functionality, access permissions, usage, events and messages
- Ensure the environment conforms to governance requirements and security standards
- Providing technical assistance to web administrators
- In-house development of SharePoint solutions is possible
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
- B.S, in Computer Science/MIS. Substitution of education for specialized experience acceptable for candidates that can demonstrate expert-level knowledge in SharePoint technologies.
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT Level II or higher
- SharePoint MCSE OR
- MCSE: Productivity OR
- MCSD: Web Apps OR
- Microsoft Certified Expert OR
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate OR
- AWS Sys Ops Associate
- Must have at least 5 years of general experience in a SharePoint Server role.
- Intermediate to advanced SharePoint development skills for possible in-house development of SharePoint solutions would be a plus.
- At least four years of hands-on development of production web applications.
- At least four years of experience building spring based Java applications, C# 10 experience is a plus.
- Experience with the development of mobile applications.
- Experience with Node.js is a plus.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Bamboo, Jenkins) is a plus.
- Experience with container technologies (e.g., Docker) is a plus.
- Background in big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NiFi) and data science is a plus.
- Experience developing enterprise search applications is a plus.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Florida-Tampa-20315-ESCM
: Jul 29, 2020, 12:17:32 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7701 Tampa Point Blvd MacDill Air Force Base
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities