Do you have a passion for Artificial Intelligence and/or Machine learning? Do you like to think outside the box? Can read and write technical papers in your sleep? Want to keep our nation safe? How about bleeding-edge technology? If so, then Jacobs has a great opportunity for you in our Innovative Air and Space Division (IASD) group. IASD is a rapidly growing business within the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Sector of Jacobs that is leading the design and development of next generation satellite payloads and ground processing systems.
This division is a small subset (<100) of the company comprised of engineers of various disciplines organized into product development teams. The small company atmosphere provides the perfect opportunity to demonstrate your engineering skills on the most challenging problems while also expanding your abilities and advancing your career. We have the corporate investment, infrastructure, subject matter experts, and strategic focus to enable you to be successful.
Successful candidates will have a background in either Software Development/Engineering (C++ or Python), Electrical Engineering, or in Mathematics, and possess the following skills and abilities:
• Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing software.
• Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
• Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
• Shall have at least 8 years of experience in Software Development/Engineering (C++ or Python), Electrical Engineering, or in Mathematics
• The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required.
• At least 5 years of experience developing software using either C, C++, Matlab, R, or Python.
• Shall have extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
• Shall have demonstrated technical writing skills and have generated technical documents in support of a development project.
• Shall have an understanding of Cognitive Architectures.
• Shall have an understanding of Convolutional Neural Networks.
• Shall have an understanding of generative techniques, both neural and other.
• Shall have an understanding of theoretical bases for artificial intelligence, machine learning, and autonomy.
• Shall have mathematical programming experience, especially optimization and simulation.
• Experience using ProbLog, Prolog, or similar software package(s).
• Experience with particular machine learning software packages, such as Café, Torch, TensorFlow, or Theano.
• Experience with AI software packages.
• Demonstrated advanced mathematical expertise, especially derivations of algorithms or synthesis of controllers.
• Filter design and implementation.
• Robotics experience, especially robots within uncontrolled or adversarial environments.
• Experience with Sensor processing or exploitation, especially SAR, EO, and IR.
• Create new software to facilitate automatically manipulating and exploit sensor data.
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
• Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Clearance Requirement: CLEARABLE
This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include but are not limited:
o U.S. Citizenship (Required)
o Favorable Criminal History Check
o Education Verification
o Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
o Credit Check
o Subject Interview
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Ohio-Beavercreek-20356-OHB
: United States-Maryland-Severn-20356-SEV1
: Jul 29, 2020, 2:11:02 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
1415 Research Park Drive
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities