Jacobs is seeking a Desktop Project Manager in Reston, VA. Duties will include:
- Serves as the desktop project manager (DPM) for hardware requirements that range from small to large efforts. These efforts are generally quick turnaround requests but can be implemented in phases depending on the customer request
- Responsible for validating and procuring the equipment along with overseeing the delivery and implementation of the customer’s request
- Responsible for ensuring that customer has received what was required and the related assets are accounted for. Throughout the management process, the DPM works closely with their team lead to address any issues or concerns that may arise that would impede customer satisfaction
- Acountable for meeting contractual performance criteria and due dates during service delivery, and successful overall project completion
- Ensuring that associated contractor project activities are completed within defined project lifecycle
- Consulting and coordinating with the appropriate Task Manager for problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, and task clarification.
- Consulting with users, management, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements
- Planning, coordinating, and performing activities such as installation, upgrading of hardware and software, and customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
- High school diploma/GED required
- Requires a minimum of three full years of experience specific to the skill and must be reflected
- The candidate must have experience in all facets of network installations, which includes the physical placement of conduit, CAT5 and fiber optic cable, wall jacks, hardware, racks and communications equipment as required
- Also includes but is not limited to: surveys, installing other conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installing and configuring equipment chase, cards power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc., testing and documenting installations, dressing and labeling cables, racks, patch panels, etc.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and perform activities such as installation and upgrading of hardware and software, programming and systems design, development of computer networks, and implementation of Internet and intranet sites
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Must pay attention to detail and remain alert at all times
- Prior knowledge with Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, Network Switches, and patch panels, voice technologies, Microsoft Project, ESMT
Proficient in many facets of information technology requirements
Should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so
Advanced knowledge the customer and the inner workings of the organization are critical to this position
Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
Coordination — Possess the ability to quickly and strategically adjust project activities in relation to internal/external team actions
Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
Ability to direct daily operations of project team(s) by: analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, and setting deadlines
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate
Essential Job Functions
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment. Typically employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending, carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Must be able to maintain regular, reliable attendance and ensure on time daily arrival. Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday; however, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.Must be willing to travel as needed.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: Jul 29, 2020, 8:16:13 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Enterprise IT