Jacobs is seeking senior level Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) candidate at our Hannover, MD location.
- ISD position requires fully cleared individuals with an extensive range of experience that includes the development of complex technical training using interactive synchronous and asynchronous eLearning, instructor-led courses, and blended learning solutions.
- ISDs work with the multidisciplinary team to rapidly and effectively design and develop custom training solutions to meet the time-critical needs of our customers.
- ISD candidates have knowledge of the latest evidence-based training methods for complex learning (e.g., adaptive expertise, inductive teaching and learning models), as well as innovative approaches to performance support.
- ISD candidates must have knowledge of and experience applying the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) Instructional Systems Design model; this includes experience conducting thorough data gathering, analysis, and development of measurable learning objectives mapped to Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA) and/or Job Qualification Standards (JQS).
- ISDs direct the training design and work closely with content developers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to clarify complex concepts, ensure accuracy of content, and develop instructionally sound training solutions that best meet the learning needs of the target audience.
- ISDs also works closely with graphic artists and multi-media developers in designing and developing templates, graphics, animations, videos, and other training solutions.
- ISDs are responsible for producing deliverables that include but are not limited to: Project Schedules, Needs Assessment Reports, Design Plan Documents, Course Outlines, Storyboards, Instructor Guides, Student Guides, Video Scripts, Style Guides, and supporting Resources and Job Aids.
- ISDs use a variety of technologies, techniques, and tools that include but are not limited to: XML, HTML, Confluence, Microsoft Office, Audacity, Camtasia Studio 8, Adobe Captivate, and custom solutions to support the creation of learning solutions.
- Senior ISDs are familiar with a variety of learning management system (LMS) applications that are used both in government and commercial spaces.
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Poly and be willing to upgrade upon acceptance of this position within 1 year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology, Education, English, Communications, or a directly related field from an accredited college or university plus an additional ten (10) years of documented experience in instruction and/or curriculum development is required. An additional four (4) years of experience may be substituted for any Degree requirement.
- Extensive experience working with subject matter experts to ensure technical accuracy of instructional content.
- Extensive knowledge of adult learning methods, the ADDIE model, and a variety of technologies, techniques and tool (e.g. Learning Management Systems and the latest version of Captivate) to support the creation of eLearning solutions.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in order to collaborate with content developers and other designers.
- Background knowledge of complex hardware/software systems is desired.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Hanover-20361-MIL3
: Jul 30, 2020, 12:21:00 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7880 Milestone Parkway
Capabilities: Enterprise IT