DescriptionThe IT Warehouse Specialist provides overall management and control of USTRANSCOM hardware assets. This includes managing and distributing ADPE assets, and being responsible to work with Service Asset and Configuration Management in defining Configuration Items (CIs) for H/W assets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
* Ensure the command's ADPE inventory is accurately reflected in the Government specified asset management database and act as the command's single point of contact for that database (currently USTRANSCOM uses the Air Force Equipment Management System (AFEMS) Asset Inventory Management (AIM))
* Work with IT FM procurement team to compare procurement information to received assets and enter CI, warranty and support contract information into Configuration Management System (CMS). CIs shall be logged in the CMS within two (2) business days from inventory arrival
* Serve as the Equipment Custodian (EC) for all ADPE assets transiting or stored in the warehouse
* The contractor shall provide, or ensure availability of, the monthly warehouse equipment-inventory report, to include warranty expiration, NLT than five (5) business days of the following month
* Provide inventory control for USTRANSCOM ADPE hardware assets and act as the command's focal point for receiving, distributing, and disposing of all USTRANSCOM ADPE
* Properly dispose of excess or end-of-life information technology (IT) hardware assets through Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Disposition Services (formerly known as Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office (DRMO)) or per USTRANSCOM guidance
* Candidate will be able to prep computers for deployment from the warehouse, to include initial OS image and basic Asset Management tagging and processing
* Barcode assets and update configuration items in the CMS
* Provide knowledge articles (e.g., procedures for shipping, disposal, and requesting assets from warehouse) when necessary to effectively share IT Service Management information to aid and assist the provisioning of IT services
* Provide on-call after hours support with a two (2) hour on-site response time to provide spares and/or parts
* Candidate will require steel-toe boots
Qualifications- This position requires a Security Plus (Sec+) certification within 180 days of hire date.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.
- The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Must be able to lift object up to 40 pounds
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Scott AFB-20315-ISCT
Job Posting: Jul 30, 2020, 11:48:19 AM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Scott AFB 62225
Capabilities: Logistics Operations