Jacobs is seeking a Sr. Network Designer with an active TS/SCI polygraph for a contingent position in the Reston, VA area. Duties include:
Determine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks
Plan and implement network upgrades
Design, test, and inspect the computer data communications systems; Wide Area Networks (WANs), and Local Area Networks (LANs), and Internets
Analyze and organize the corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling and planning.
Additional Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Responsible for providing network-engineering solutions to include requirements gathering, architecture design, testing, implementation, documentation and support-ability
Perform (advance level) configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of IP network infrastructure (LAN and WAN devices)
Demonstrate the ability to work with customers to determine network requirements, write system requirement documents, and develop design solutions (physical and logical) that are in compliance with best engineering practices, standards, and guidelines
Produce network device scripts based on customer requirements.
Provide Tier-4 support, assisting with troubleshooting and resolving network issues
Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented working environment
- Current and active TS/SCI Poly required
- Requires six (6) years of experience specific to skill
- In-depth understanding of networking systems and TCP/IP to include experience in IP Addressing and Subnetting; Network Address Translation; MTU; QoS
- Strong knowledge of Routing and Switching systems (Cisco or Juniper); understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocol (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- Working knowledge of STP, VTP and Virtual LAN’s and Trunking (VLAN’s); Network Security (ACL’s, IPSec Tunnels); SONET, ATM, MPLS, POS, Multicast and how to properly implement these technologies
- Experience with Type-1 cryptographic equipment from both an engineering and policy perspective
- Education and relevant certifications may be substituted for years of experience. For example, candidates with an Associate’s degree equals 18 months of experience; Bachelor’s degree equals 3 years of experience; Master’s degree equals 5 years of experience; Doctorate equals 7 years of experience
- Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (months) of specialized experience
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, and/or CCDP or 7-10 years of experience in IP Network Technology
- Experience with government networks and secure communications desirable
- Experience with Peer Review and/or briefing the Network Engineering Review Board
- Experience with network performance optimization
- Knowledge of data center networking
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Self-starter and ability to work well in a highly performance team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, constantly changing environment
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: Jun 4, 2020, 5:57:38 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities