Jacobs is seeking a Network Engineer with an active TS/SCI Poly to join their team at their customer site in the Reston, VA area. Responsibilities include:
- Provide the operations and maintenance support of network management applications that support an Enterprise network. Performs technical evaluations, analysis, and trouble-shooting for all supported servers
- Performs setup and installation and/or upgrade services of hardware and software components
- Provides support to projects that are impacted by or are impacting network management applications.
- Proactively identifies risks in the network and assists in the development of a plan to mitigate
- Required to function at a high level in a team atmosphere, i.e. will have constant daily communication with team members on a wide range of continuously changing network topics, requirements and projects
- Must be a confident self-starter.
- Serve as System Administrator providing operations and maintenance support to Network Management Systems.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations as they relate to application management systems.
- Familiarity with Network Management tools such as MBC Bladelogic Network Automation (BBNA), Network Node Manager (NNMi), and Splunk is highly desire
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network application to optimal performance levels.
- Responsible for performing technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers
- Work with stakeholders to define constraints, develop requirements, create system requirement documents, and concept of operations documentation. Provide engineer-based feedback to ensure requirements are fully understood.
- Analyze requirements as well as evaluate problems of workflow and organization to plan and develop appropriate corrective action.
- Conduct integration and testing of network application hardware and/or software
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
- Provide implementation support as necessary to include providing on-site support to load scripts and verify the network is operating as expected and satisfactory for the customer.
- Provide fourth tier support, assisting with troubleshooting and resolving network issues to include trouble resolution for features not operating as advertised. Identify the complex issues and when necessary involve vendor to resolve the unexplainable.
- Follow all customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
- Monitor alarms and alerts to identify application or server issues causing network management application failures.
- Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
UPDATE 11/18/2019: The education qualification previously listed on this requisition has been removed. Due to the implementation of a new internal job code structure, this qualification is no longer require
- Active TS SCI with Polygraph clearance required
- Requires a minimum of 11 years of experience specific to the skill must be reflected
- Proven experience as a System Administrator or similar role
- Demonstrated (intermediate level) hands-on experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network management application services and equipment.
- Demonstrated (intermediate level) hands-on experience with server upgrades, patch management, and server transitioning
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms (i.e. Windows, Linux, Unix, Oracle, AWS)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Understand and implement established technical and workflow procedures
- Self-starter who works well in a high performing team environment with good critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with IP network technology
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Ability to create scripts in Bash, Expect, Python, Perl or other language
- BMC Bladelogic Network Automation (BBNA), Network Node Manager (NNMi), Cisco ISE, Spunk
- Utilize system software to monitor the performance of all system components (i.e. servers, databases, files, etc.). Establish, document, and monitor thresholds to manage system data and create performance efficiencies.
- Conduct diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems, providing technical assistance and support with server malfunctions.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software
- Recommend and plan server recapitalization. Conduct server performance tuning. Baselines and forecasts server performance data and tunes server hardware and software configurations
- Demonstrated experience integrating new applications into existing enterprise environments.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements
Must be willing to travel as needed
Must take and pass a drug test and background check
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: Jun 3, 2020, 5:33:51 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Operations Management