Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are looking for a client facing, highly personable individual to take on a Senior Transportation Development Lead role and manage transportation functional, preliminary and detailed design assignments and assist senior management with business development opportunities. The role can be based out of our Toronto, Ottawa or Kitchener offices.
Your role will be to provide day to day leadership to a small and growing transportation consulting team focused on municipal roadway, Ministry of Transportation Ontario highway, and transit /civil infrastructure assignments. In this role, you will be supported by a strong business development team, senior practice leaders, a strong global transportation practice and design staff.
In this role, you will:
• Have a thorough knowledge of highway, municipal and roadway engineering and design.
• Actively support the Regional Practice Lead, Client Account Managers and the sales team in production and pricing of proposals.
• Leverage existing relationships to win new work.
• Provide input to the Regional Practice lead with respect to opportunities and strategy development within the geography.
• Champion the delivery of high quality projects that meet or exceed client expectations.
• Responsibilities may include project management, roadway design lead or senior project engineer, depending on the type of project.
• Serve as a mentor to junior staff and junior engineers by assisting with finding answers to technical questions and concerns.
• Work closely with the Group Leads and other Project Managers to assure assignment of appropriate staff to projects.
• Monitor project execution and progress, staff resource, schedule, scope, budget, and client issues necessary to achieve successful project completion.
• Take actions required, including involving Manager of Projects and/or Group Leads and Quality Manager (RTQM) to improve project performance.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering required; Master’s Degree an asset
• 10-15 years of road and highway design experience in Toronto, and other Ontario municipal clients.
• Experience with Environmental Assessment, Preliminary Design and Detail Design assignments.
• Experience on MTO assignments.
• Experience with the design of multi-lane freeways.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Licensed professional engineer in the Province of Ontario
• Project Management experience including supervising and mentoring a small team of technologists and engineers.
• Experience with TTC and Go Transit and asset.
Experience writing technical proposals an asset.
• Experience with design build and PPP/P3 assignments an asset.
: Canada-Ontario-Toronto-CA Toronto - Consumers Rd
: Canada-Ontario-Ottawa-CA Ottawa - Carling Avenue, Canada-Ontario-Kitchener-CA Kitchener - Street South
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: May 29, 2020, 10:29:59 PM
: Project Management
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
CA Toronto - Consumers Rd
245 Consumers Road Suite 400
Toronto M2J 1R3
Capabilities: Transit and Rail