DescriptionJacobs is a large, fully integrated AE firm supporting clients with a broad array of highly skilled and distinguished professionals around the world. Our Mission Critical / Data Center Practice Group are industry thought leaders, delivering some of the largest Data Centers in the world. ENR Magazine currently ranks Jacobs #1 in Data Center Design.
For this role, you should be a self-motivated, registered Engineer with at least 10 years of experience in delivering Mission Critical / Data Center or advanced facility design projects. At Jacobs, our Lead Electrical Engineers offer range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. The lead Engineer will be responsible for leading a talented team in mechanical systems design for large Mission Critical / Data Center Facilities in the domestic and international locations.
• The Lead Engineer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with a technical team.
• As the team leader you will also be responsible for the professional growth of your team. Lead design and engineering project staff personnel.
• Find resolutions to infrastructure conflicts, code challenges, cost and energy efficiency challenges.
• Working with mission critical mechanical design and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering / internal and external).
• Oversee and manage the mechanical systems design for projects through design development, construction documents, bidding, construction administration and commissioning phases of project.
• Be responsible for scheduling, projecting manpower requirements, and budgets for Mission Critical projects.
• Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports.
• Communicate technical advice and engineering reasoning to client.
• Support business development activities for sales in the mission critical and data center marketplace.
• Attend conferences and seek presentation opportunities or preparation of white papers.
Qualifications• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) required.
• At least 10 years’ experience working in a consulting engineering environment required.
• Professional Engineer is preferred.
• Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD preferred.
• Previous leadership experience in a MEP environment preferred.
• Travel will be required -- both within the U.S and International. Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh-US PA Pittsburgh - Industry Dr
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: May 29, 2020, 8:29:29 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US PA Pittsburgh - Industry Dr
400 Industry Drive Suite 100
Capabilities: Advanced Technology Facilities