SAIC is looking for a candidate in our Philadelphia, PA Navy Yard
location that will provide onboard Shipboard Installed Instrumentation System
Calibration (SISCAL) Program and the Shipboard Gauges Calibration Program
(SGCP) services for all calibration activity level 2, Hull Mechanical and
Electrical (HM&E) Systems.
- Candidate will perform calibrations on Installed instrumentation includes, but is not limited to, gauges, switches, thermometers, transducers, meters, resistance temperature device (RTD), signal conditioners, and all system instrumentation associated with machinery control and any other complex systems installed on US Navy ships and submarines.
- These services will be required on all naval vessels including: LHA, LCS, LHD, LSD, CG, DDG, LCC, LCACs and CVNs.
- In addition to conducting calibrations, the candidate will assist with initial SISCAL visits for new construction ships providing both Installed Instrumentation Configuration Review (IICR) and initial Calibration Requirements List (CRL) and the initial onboard system calibrations.
- Primary location is in the Philadelphia Navy Yard with an estimated 25% travel to perform calibration for ships at other locations.
- AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or High School and five (5) years of related experience and at least two years’ experience in the last 10 years performing Shipboard Calibration.
- Must have a minimum of an Interim Secret security clearance.
- Shipboard Instrumentation and Systems Calibration Certification or successfully completed Shipboard Gage Calibration Program (SGCP) Training or Air Intermediate Maintenance Departmental Certification.
- Associate’s degree.
- Active Secret security clearance.