Head Start Family Engagement Specialist - Region X
Home based - must reside in any of the Region States (AK ID, OR or WA)
Remote work initially. Once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted 50% travel to Region States
ICF seeks an experienced Early Childhood Specialist Manager to provide ongoing mentoring and coaching to the ECE specialists. Mentor/coaching will be provided through reflective supervision and feedback, sharing best practices and lessons learned, and engaging in role modeling. The ECE Manager will collaborate with the Region X Office, TTA Coordinator; about TTA to be delivered to local programs. The ECE Manager will provide support and guidance on priorities established by OHS Central Office and the Region X Office.
- Provide subject matter expertise, strategies, and resources to Regional Office and TTA staff on comprehensive parent, family, and community engagement, including strategies for engaging families
- Serve as a member of a national peer group of Family Engagement Specialists from each of the twelve regions
- Develop and implement strategies for connecting with grantee PFCE managers and/or coordinators in the Region
- Aggregate, analyze, and disseminate regional and grantee data from existing government systems to identify emerging trends impacting Head Start grantees
- Develop and provide presentations and training on topics related to family engagement.
- Provide training to groups of grantees at regional and state events, as directed by the Regional Office
- Provide direct service to individual grantees, at the direction of the Regional Office.
- Support emerging OHS initiatives and priorities
- A minimum of a BA or BS from an accredited university or college in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services, Counseling or a related field
- If the highest degree was awarded more than ten years ago, the resume should be specific regarding such events as courses, conferences, seminars attended or relevant work experience
- A minimum of three years’ experience providing training and technical assistance to management teams and program staff related to parent, family and community engagement
- Experience working within programs and services for families with children birth to five
- Experience analyzing data and helping programs make data driven decisions related to providing services to families with young children
- Experience in facilitating group discussions and presenting to range of audiences
- Experience working with diverse children, families, staff and communities and training and facilitating groups of learners
- Experience communicating, both orally and in writing, to various audiences
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Head Start performance standards and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations
- Experience working within a Head Start Program
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients
- Ability to review, aggregate, and present data gathered from multiple sources
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload and deadlines
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington Remote Office (WA99)