Jacobs is seeking a Software Developer in the Reston,VA area. This is a contingent position. Duties include:
- Works under minimal technical guidance provided by a more senior technical project leader
- Responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining complex applications and/or databases
- Drafts technical program documentation, such as end-user operational instructions.
- Depending upon assignment, positions may be responsible for developing and maintaining software applications and/or databases including web applications and user interfaces.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops, tests, implements and maintains complex applications and/or databases
- Consults with client to develop user requirements and translates formal requirements document into an application/database design
- Analyzes, designs, implements and maintains the database applications and structures
- Designs, codes and debugs web applications; designs and maintains interactive web databases and web services; designs graphics and user interfaces.
- Organizes content, develops color schemes, designs and produces graphics.
- Designs, Develops and Maintains applications within the cloud environment
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional areas and develop block diagrams and logic flow charts.
- Translate detailed designs into computer software.
- Test, fix, and refine the computer software to produce the required product.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Provide technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met.
- Participate as an effective Scrum team member focusing on quality of product and supporting multiple custom enterprise applications delivered by multiple application development team
- Current and active TS/SCI Polygraph required
- Must be able to demonstrate working in an operational environment where priorities change frequently
- Requires eleven (11) years of experience with specific to skill
- Experience or training related to a particular skill, language, system, or technology and is capable of not only delivering a capability tied to that skill, but passing their knowledge on to others.
- Education and relevant certifications may be substituted for years of experience. For example, candidates with an Associates degree equals 18 months of experience; Bachelor’s degree equals 3 years of experience; Master’s degree equals 5 years of experience; Doctorate equals 7 years of experience
- Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (months) of specialized experience
- Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer
- Experience or familiarity of Infrastructure as Code (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation, JSON, etc.)
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: May 22, 2020, 12:22:11 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Enterprise IT