Jacobs is seeking an Network Architect for an opportunity in the Reston, VA area. This is a contingent position. Duties include:
- Expected to provide oversight and technical direction of system-wide issues requiring advanced levels of understanding of network theory and the specific enterprise network architecture; establishing overall strategic network standards and priorities
- Provide the higher level of technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of networking solutions
- Analyzing the optimization of network system performance
- Oversee the strategic interface of network systems configuration; using and incorporating broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols.
- Provide a high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources on which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Network, Data Center, C2S (AWS), LAN, WAN Design/Architecture Expert
- Responsible for the strategic architectural direction of enterprise networks
- Responsible for overall Lead Engineers
- Expected technical lead expert for design of enterprise wide and/or Intelligence Community (IC) wide networks and lead 4th Tier network configuration/performance problem resolutions
- Develop robust product roadmaps, standards, templates, and network documentation
- Responsible for a full range of complex first article network designs encompassing multiple technologies that comply with best engineering practices, standards, and guidelines
- Utilize tools to analyze and identify End of Life software and hardware equipment and formulate cost-effective architectural solutions maximizing the use of industry standards and protocols, COTS network appliances and/or open-source software applications to recapitalize enterprise networks
- Work with stakeholders as well as technical and analytical counterparts to define. constraints, develop requirements, create system requirement documents, and concept of operations documentation
- Maintaining a relationship with the vendor and working with them to ensure that gaps in our customer's requirements are being addressed in future software releases
- Perform (intermediate level) configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of IP network infrastructure (LAN and WAN devices)
- Provide trouble resolution for features not operating as advertised
- Identify the complex issues and when necessary involve Cisco to resolve the inexplicable.
- System Design, Build, Configuration, Test, Deployment to production
- Evaluation of Vendor's new software releases. Conduct integration and testing of network hardware and software
- Current and active TS/SCI Polygraph required
- Must be able to demonstrate working in an operational environment where priorities change frequently
- Typically someone that is a recognized expert or certified practitioner with a particular computer language, system or technology that can not only deliver capabilities, but can mentor and train others.
- Expertise, training and actual work experience with the specific computer language, systems, and/or technology is significantly more important than the number of years of experience. This is especially true with emerging technologies.
- Requires eleven (11) years of experience
- Education and relevant certifications may be substituted for years of experience. For example, candidates with an Associate’s degree equals 18 months of experience; Bachelor’s degree equals 3 years of experience; Master’s degree equals 5 years of experience; Doctorate equals 7 years of experience
- Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (months) of specialized experience
- Certifications: CCNP, CCVP, CCSP, CCIP, CCDP, JNCIS
- In-depth understanding of networking systems and TCP/IP to include experience in IP Addressing and Subnetting; Network Address Translations; MTU; QoS.
- Strong knowledge of Routing and Switching systems (Cisco or Juniper); understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- A working knowledge of STP, VTP and Virtual LAN’s and Trunking (VLAN’s); Network Security (ACL’s, IPSec Tunnels); SONET, ATM, MPLS, POS, Multicast and how to properly implement these technologies
- Experience and/or familiarity with Infrastructure as Code
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-FNS
: May 21, 2020, 11:15:36 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Enterprise IT