Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Reporting directly to the Construction Project Manager, this position is usually site based.
Responsibilities include direct contact and overview of the General Contractor to ensure a high level of quality and safety is maintained as required by both Jacobs and our client. Office work would include involvement with the creation and review of both Requests for Information and Requests for Proposal and Change Orders. This at times is a client facing position.
• Processes invoices on behalf of Jacobs and the client
• Gathers, compiles, tracks and reports on information relevant to project assignment from multiple sources.
• Sets up and maintains files, refers callers, arranges meetings and conferences, receives and answers e-mail correspondence.
• Uses client computer to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations.
• Compiles reviews and analyzes data.
• May design processes to enhance workflow.
• Assist client with all aspects of cost control and reporting on a project level.
• Generate purchase orders and change orders in the client procurement system.
• Communicate with vendor(s) for purposes of invoice resolution, as required.
• Additional responsibilities not listed may be required.
• Experienced in the following Microsoft Office Applications but not limited to: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Exceptional team player
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Westbury-US NY Westbury
Job Posting: May 21, 2020, 9:32:41 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US NY Westbury
1194 PROSPECT AVENUE, 2ND FLOOR
Capabilities: Construction Management