Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Strategic Supply Chain leader who develops, influences, and implements corporate strategies. Responsible for establishing and attaining inventory targets and customer service level goals for all products and services located at Illumina’s Hayward and Bay Area facilities. Lead a team of approximately 40 people of buyers, planners, and warehouse team members overseeing supply chain execution, including procurement, planning, inventory control, distribution and logistics. Responsible for creating scalable processes to support Illumina’s growth trajectory while optimizing supply chain performance. Key measures of success are customer service levels, inventory turns, manufacturing scheduling and productivity, supplier optimization, excess and obsolete, cost savings, and assurance of supply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set vision and direction for team.
- Conduct supplier business reviews resulting in supplier performance improvements through collaboration with R&D, Operations, and Quality.
- Execute the master production schedule, driving manufacturing productivity and supplier optimization
- Leverage supply partners to decrease time-to-market and product costs while ensuring all quality and product/design/development requirements are met.
- Lead the team through ERP optimization and own productivity at the site with the tools
- Launch initiatives which raise awareness and support company goals around Supply Chain.
- Provide innovative solutions to problems which meet customer requirements and support company goals.
- Oversee distribution and logistics function and ensure compliance with inventory policies and procedures
- Manage suppliers and strengthen relationship while ensuring continuity of supply and reducing business risks.
- Negotiate supply agreements resulting in favorable terms that mitigates business risks, protects Illumina’s IP, reduces transactional costs, and reduces product cost and inventory.
- Partner with other leaders throughout the organization to achieve company and functional goals.
- Serve as part of site leadership team overseeing health and vision of site.
- Hire, develop, train, inspire, and evaluate staff to ensure an efficient organization.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree, plus typically fifteen (15) years business experience in the field of procurement and/or planning and/or logistics, or related experience.
- Prefer MBA candidates.
- Prefer APICS certification
- Strategic thinker; anticipates and develops business opportunities and priorities for future action while also executing on concrete business objectives
- Customer focused, very responsive, and action oriented to meet business needs while maintaining a positive, professional outlook.
- Inspire and train team
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time; both domestic and international.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Advanced capabilities with ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Strong analytical skills that allow the successful candidate to extract core data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and insights, and translate those insights into actions.
- Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Aptitude to multi-task and lead projects / negotiations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with requisite interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners, suppliers, and regional teams.
Ability to negotiate the best deal for ILMN and influence upward.