DescriptionJacobs has an immediate opening for a Helpdesk Specialist (Tier 1) in Beltsville, Maryland.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Background Clearance.
- Screen and diagnose internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of government-issued laptops, desktops, mobile devices, and peripherals.
- Provide troubleshooting support to remote end users. Diagnose, troubleshot, and recommended fixes to connectivity issues.
- Perform hard drive encryption, decryption, recovery, and administration via MacAfee Safeboot and Windows Bitlocker Configure, test, and modify user accounts, devices, and profiles from enterprise servers and systems.
- Determine the urgency of need based on impact to business and speed of resolution.
- The priority of the incident is IT-driven based on expected effort and resource availability.
- In providing the initial support the Tier 1 technician will match incidents against known errors and problems, check for existence of multiple related incidents and check for existence of duplicate requests.
- Determine if an immediate resolution is available and if not escalate the ticket to Tier 2. Required Skills:
- Must have High School degree
- Must have 6 months of Help Desk experience
- Must have good communication skills via phone call, e-mail, voice-mail, walk-up, fax, or Web interface.
- Be able to perform proper incident handling and reporting of customer issues. - Tier 1 provides (basic technical troubleshooting), i.e., receiving, assigning, escalating, resolving, tracking and reporting of customer technical issues.
- Tier 1 will provide initial support to assess the severity of the issue by reviewing the problem and creating a trouble-ticket.
- Position requires shift work and on call support to 24/7 operations; to include weekends and holidays.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Background Clearance.
- Preferred Qualifications: - USDA FSIS and BMC Numara Footprints ticketing system experience preferred.- Under general supervision, capable of performing a wide variety of jobs.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring moderate judgment. - Has little or no role in decision-making.
- Work is checked since errors may cause delay or expense.
- May assist and train less experienced personnel.
- High School plus advanced training, and 2-3 yrs of experience.
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust This position requires a Public Trust security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI). Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include, but are not limited to:
- U.S. Citizenship (Required) - Favorable Criminal History Check
- Education Verification - Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
- Credit Check - Subject Interview
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville-20358-MD10
Job Posting: Aug 12, 2020, 1:35:33 AM
Job Type: Standard
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
5601 Sunnyside Ave
Capabilities: Enterprise IT