Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The Assistant Resident Engineer will:
• Act as the primary project interface with the client, designer, contractor, operation staff, and ongoing construction contracts as well as outside agencies/stakeholders.
• Monitor the construction contractor’s operations for process conformance with the approved construction documents including but not limited to the project contract, specifications, quality control plan, safety plans, schedule, request for information (RFIs), change orders, pay requests, record drawings and contract closeout
• Effectively lead project meetings with engineers, contractors, clients and stakeholders.
• Conduct site meetings, coordinate and oversee field activities for testing and inspection reviews.
• Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost control, schedule control, change management, risk management and performance.
• Conduct constructability reviews and reports of project designs prior to construction.
• Work to build a cooperative partnership between the client, contractor, and all stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of project issues and the overall success of the project.
• Demonstrate effective risk management and mitigation practices through proper risk identification, assessment, tracking and communication.
• Play a role in client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, proposal preparation, oral presentation, and contract negotiation consistent with established business development processes.
• Establish project forecasts, schedule, financial reports and prepare invoices. Ensure that senior management is apprised of all deviations from the project baseline data (i.e. original scope, schedule, budget, etc.)
• Review, change, and approve street profile alignments to comply with DOT, and ADA requirements
• Review and approve Projects Base Line Schedule
• Chairs monthly purge meetings, community board meetings, quality assurance and audit meetings
• Assist the Community Liaison in addressing and resolving complaints from the stake holders
• Conducts substantial and final Inspections
• Bachelor’s Degree of Civil Engineering
• Minimum 10 years of relative experience with NYC agencies; DDC, DEP, DOT, etc.
• DDC Pedestrian Ramps experience is preferred
• NICETIV Certification is preferred
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York-US NY New York - 7th Avenue
Job Posting: Aug 14, 2020, 6:55:27 PM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US NY New York - 7th Avenue
500 7th Avenue 17th floor
New York 10018