SAIC is seeking a seasoned senior space systems engineer to aid in the development of current space operations strategy, acquisition strategy, and technical support to the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center, Directorate of Special Programs. SMC/SP equips U.S. forces with space control systems to gain, maintain, and exploit space superiority. It directs the planning, development, testing, deployment, and sustainment of a complex and dynamic portfolio of space superiority capabilities of the highest national priority.
The position requires an individual with extensive experience in operations and employment of space control programs, technical program management, and systems engineering of large scale space and ground systems and/or new start technical demonstration space and ground systems, and manage program system safety needs. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and team skills. In addition, the candidate will be expected to continually balance and adjust work priorities to meet short term work suspense and rapidly evolving customer needs.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Active TS/SCI clearance in JPAS or in-scope SSBI and with willingness to consent to a polygraph examination.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS Degree – Engineering or relevant discipline.
• 9+ years of operations, doctrine development, and acquisition within the areas of Space Systems or Space Control.
• Experience with rapid capability prototyping and/or fielding.
• Must be able to interface with all levels of functional/division acquisition offices to accomplish projects for the government program office.
• Must be able to work independently.