We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Service Desk Agent - L1 to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
• Assists in the set up, operation and monitoring of the control console of a mainframe or minicomputer for the processing of data and preparation of business/scientific reports, studies, and analysis under direct supervision of engineer or senior operator.
• Follows established procedures performs the more routine and standard operations such as loading input and output materials including tapes, cards, discs, forms, etc
• Starts and monitors standard runs where documentation is readily available; observes control panels for malfunctions, errors or operator messages and responds accordingly.
• Refers complex problems to more experienced operators or others.
• Performs routine and repetitive tasks associated with data center production control activities.
• Changes or adds PCs in racks and connecting cables.
• Monitors and documents notifications and alarms detected in systems and following procedures to correct or escalate for action.
• Interfaces with customers or with suppliers via phone and/or email to request or deliver status information on data status or on equipment status according to procedures.
• Supports operation of outdoor equipment used by data center (e.g., communication satellite equipment).
• Refers customer or potential customer inquiries to designated personnel in timely manner according to procedures.