SAIC has an exciting opportunity for an experienced software systems engineer to join their dynamic team. This position will participate on a strategic project that is focused on development and deployment of legacy application functionality and data into a new external Microsoft Cloud environment. The software systems engineer will participate in the analysis, documentation, development, and implementation of software system requirements that support the business/mission systems needed by the project’s customers. This position may also participate in the analysis of commercial off the shelf (COTS) software capabilities as they relate to our customers’ requirements and assist with deployment of COTS software and its integration with other software solutions and cloud services where needed. The IT systems are being implemented in external Microsoft Azure and O365 Cloud environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or relevant discipline, plus 5 years of software engineering experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with software engineering and/or COTS implementations in Microsoft Azure or O365, or other cloud vendor environments
- Experience with SDLC: planning, defining, designing, building, testing, and deployment of applications/tools, or data-related products in a production environment
- Experience with using package management solutions, code repositories, or CI/CD pipelines
- Can start uncleared but must be able to maintain and obtain a DOE Q clearance
- Demonstrated ability to participate in large complex IT projects
- Ability to thrive in a matrixed teaming environment with a strong customer service ethic
- Demonstrated ability to review software designs with business owners and ensure alignment of design and development activities with project/customer business requirements
- Demonstrated ability to perform requirements gap analysis against out-of-the-box application/system functionality and suggest best practice solutions
- Working knowledge of Systems Engineering, ITIL best practices, and Scrum/Agile delivery.
- Experience implementing COTS software solutions and enabling integration with other applications, cloud services, and data layers
- Experience with Angular front-end development, React, or Vue
- Experience with any of the following: REST, SOAP, RPC, AJAX, WebSockets, etc.
- Experience with claim-based authentication – OAUTH
- Experience with npm, yarn, or another package management solution
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools; i.e., Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.
- Scripting experience – Bash, batch, Python, Golang, etc.