Position: General Plant Worker - 2nd Shift
Location: Melrose Park, IL
Format: Full Time
2nd shift opening, must be able to work 2:00PM - 10:20PM with the flexibility to work overtime 4 hours before the start of shift and 4 hours after the end of shift in the event of mandatory overtime!
What you'll do:
Our Production Operators are a critical component to our success. You're the one behind the scenes ensuring every production line is up to standards and is supported. You're making it possible for us to ensure top quality of products.
You'll be a key part of a high performing team that keeps production lines running efficiently while working together to ensure we all have a safe workplace. We'll count on you to help us meet our customer and consumer needs as you:
• Move and transfer ingredients by hand, cart, or forklift (don't worry, we'll train you if not certified)
• Document temperature and machine readings with accuracy - your attention to detail will be key here
What you'll need to be successful and safe:
• Are you comfortable learning new assignments? From learning to fill and weigh bulk containers to sweeping and sanitizing, we're looking for someone who wants to continually evolve in their role and knowledge.
• Thinking of joining a gym? No need! This role will require lifting 50lbs bags of ingredients by hand.
• Do you know the value of a great team? Teamwork is one of our values and critical to everyone's success.
Because you'll be part of a team that will count on you, we'd like to see solid work attendance in your current/previous job.
• Must have 6 months of production or manufacturing experience
3141 W. North Ave, Melrose Park, IL 60160.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Manufacturing / Production experience Manual labor - ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly by hand. Ability to read/write and communicate in English
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Food manufacturing experience a plus Forklift experience a plus
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Union Facility - Set rates, starting at $16.67/hr with increases at 6, 12 and 18 months of employment (increases are performance based so i do not have a set amount). 2nd shift - 2:00 pm - 10:20 pm ($.45 cent shift differential offered for working 2nd shift) Overtime: Voluntary, unlimited. Mandatory at most (60 hrs a week) Sundays are voluntary. Anything over 8 hrs during week is OT.
+1 732 944 0124