Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Senior Manager within the IT PMO, you will lead the centralized PMO Center of Excellence Team in developing and implementing processes and policies that enable the broader PMO and IT organization to efficiently and effectively lead complex, cross-functional projects and programs that meet organizational goals and objectives.
In this highly visible role, you will work with other department leaders to define, prioritize their needs, and develop a centralized process for Splunk projects that can be consistently applied across multiple portfolios. This includes insight into all projects in the PMO to leverage opportunities, optimize shared resources across projects, and manage methodologies and metrics. Ensuring standardization, reducing duplication and utilizing your team, technology, and communication in an efficient manner will also be required.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate leader who has an appreciation for simplification and increasing the ease of conducting business. You are known for rolling up your sleeves to co-create and deliver high-quality solutions with business and technical teams in a manner that is as evolving and as fast-paced as the rest of the organization.
You are considered a visionary. You are able to visualize end-to-end processes that make the most sense, identify problem areas from a distance, and proactively recommend measures to solve them. With an eye for improving operational efficiency and team velocity, you make decisions in a consultative and cooperative manner. You use these skills to measure performance and surface insights into future improvements. Does this sound like an opportunity that has the right dose of challenge and excitement? If so, apply today.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Define and deploy IT PMO process improvements that enhance and streamline planning and management of programs and projects
- Establish program management governance policies and practices, conduct regular reviews such that key projects are tracking to defined objectives and key performance indicators, maintain stakeholder alignment, and proactively manage risk to quality and schedule performance
- Identify and solve for evolving gaps and emerging needs in skills, process and tool capabilities, and capacity to support sustained long-term business growth thereby achieving a greater level of maturity as a PMO organization
- Design and implement balanced scorecards/dashboards to report on portfolio health, projects, vendors and financials. Translate benchmarking results and new/best practices to the IT organization
- Partner with other PMO’s across Splunk, to ensure alignment on organizational priorities and visibility into necessary portfolios
- Lead teams to achieve the organizational vision through Agile portfolio management, including lean principles, constantly assessing the value stream and planning on a rolling basis
- Build relationships with senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders, and act as a trusted advisor. Align IT leaders on PMO responsibilities and establish accountability for standardized processes, reporting, and governance across IT
- Build and drive adoption of our project, program and portfolio methodology and toolset
- Develop an intake/strategy and prioritization framework to ensure we are solving the right problems, in the right order, and that drive the most impact
- Develop a world-class COE Team that exhibits hallmarks such as effective and powerful communication, a fail-fast mindset and gratitude towards one another. Build and execute on a robust talent development plan
- Manage complex projects with a goal of litmus-testing COE’s processes and best practices, as well as to identify areas that might cause overhead to a PM. Project management activities would include the development of business cases, charters, and budget management, reporting and retrospectives
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 5+ years experience leading Agile transformation and Agile portfolio management across enterprise, well versed in talent, tools, governance models, project/financial planning and reporting required for execution
- 10+ years designing and leading IT PMO processes and tool adoption, technology strategic planning and budgeting spanning the entire organization, portfolio management using various methodologies
- 10+ years of experience building new operating models, leading change across the enterprise of talent, processes and technologies
- Deep understanding of current and emerging project, program and portfolio management best practices and how other fast-growth enterprises are employing them to drive digital and data business
- Demonstrated ability in building IT balanced scorecards, KPI management, and operational reporting
- A distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills
Preferred knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience with a bachelor’s degree; or 12 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8 years’ experience; or equivalent experience
- Expertise in one or more project management methodologies, preferably PMI and Agile
- Experience working alongside executive staff to achieve organizational goals
- Strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, project management, and analytical skills
- Six Sigma background, a plus
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.