SAIC is in need of a Sr. Systems Engineer to support our ALRE program in Lakehurst, NJ.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for preparing systems engineering plans and managing technical activities, including requirements development, trade studies, risk management, technical reviews, configuration management, and other technical deliverables. They will be tasked with the responsibility for the definition, flow down, and evaluation of program system requirements.
The Systems Engineer will also be responsible for the technical management of SE acquisition efforts, including: project requirements definition, drafting design specification documents, project plan development/maintenance, systems engineering planning, acquisition strategy development, procurement package development, baseline documentation development, systems engineering technical review orchestration, market research, and SE acquisition team coordination.Additional Job Duties:
- Responsible for the review of technical documentation in support of Systems Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR), including specifications, requirements documentation, drawings, change proposals, and SETR presentation material.
- Responsible for overseeing of the development testing, including development of test plans and testing procedures for verification of the design.
- Responsible to interface with key stakeholders to identify and resolve emergent engineering issues.
- Applying systems engineering management skills to trade studies, risk management, technical reviews and other deliverables.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience;4 years of experience can be used in lieu of a degree.
- Must have an Interim Secret clearance prior to start date with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Experience with requirements management, requirements definition and/or requirement traceability.
- Background in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Must have some experience in systems engineering with DoD Acquisition Programs.
- The Systems/Project Engineer shall have a minimum of 5 years of acquisition experience in the project management/systems engineering field for requirements management/verification
- Must have demonstrated at least intermediate level skills associated with systems engineering, and a proven ability to perform the duties described above.
- Acquisition engineering experience; reviewing all DoD acquisition contract documentation supporting a major system design, development, testing, and production